Gander Mountain..Bass Pro..Cabela's.... - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear >

Gander Mountain..Bass Pro..Cabela's....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 09:12 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Jess, I can completely understand that!

I have customers coming in all the time and they vary from all cultures, appearances, gender, ect.

I learned very well one of my first days. I had a lady who came in who was around 5ft tall, 120lbs, and 50ish years old. She had the innocent business type appearance.

I said hello and welcomed her into the store that day and asked how her day was going. I then asked her what was bringing her in, half expecting her to ask about something for her husband. To my surprise she started asking about guns for her, I was caught off gaurd but it was not out of the ordinary.

Then came the real shocker... She started looking at full sized kimber .45's. So i got talking to her while showing her guns and she mentioned she was a very active competitive shooter. I was very surprised to hear this. Then my jaw dropped when she mentioned she carried a full sized kimber as her CC. I was wondering where the hell she was able to fit that!!!

So yea ever since then I have been very open to everything. When a guy or a women comes into the store now i keep a very open view. Nothing drives me crazy more than when a customer comes in looking for that first gun, and the employee immediately says to the women well you have small hands and so you need a small 38 revolver or 32.

And the same around when the big guy comes in and they immediately skip to the large auto's.

Anyone coming in for their first gun i ask them for a hour of their time. I show them four to six main firearms.. usually a glock 19, xd subcompact, ruger LCP, SW MP, LCR, and a SW Bodygaurd Revolver.

This gives a good base range of different grips. From that I see what the customer likes and prefers and then branch off of that. Since I have done this I am shocked at how much happier customers are when they come back in. And how I would have expected a person to get that big gun and they buy the small one, or the other way around. It is about what fits them, not what makes sense in my mind.

Old 12-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #22

Liked 130 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Was at Cabela's the last two Mondays at 10:30am and you had to take a number and stand in a hour line just to look at guns and if you walked-up to the glass counter with-out a number that was next in line, people would give you a dirty look and even ask if you had a number and tell you the line starts over there and point...I was not there to buy a gun,was just looking as I walked by...After the second time of some rude guy saying the line starts over there,I just looked at him and said...Good go get-in-it...I think I pissed off half the people there...H#LL...I was just walking-by and looking and never even stopped or asked anybody for a thing,just looking as I walked.....I know X-Mas is crazy but come-on people,get over-it....Who would of thought 10:30am on a Monday Cabela's would have a gun-line..........I think I will wait till after X-Mas to go-back to the frickin-stores..............

Old 12-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #23

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

I can almost see (if it weren't for a few homes) a Cabelas from my house. I shop there all the time. Firearms are reasonable when a sales on. But if I want a particuler gun, a little harder to find one, I have a local dealer I use. For other items Cabelas is great if on sale. Their Cabelas brand jeans are excellent and boots and shoes are worth looking in to.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.