Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Gander Mountain..Bass Pro..Cabela's....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Default Gander Mountain..Bass Pro..Cabela's....

Gander Mountain VS Bass Pro Shop VS Cabela's VS Local Gun Shop.....Witch are the cheapest and has the best customer service in your past experiances....Bass Pro for Fishing...Cabela's for Hunting...Gander Mountain ??...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-24-2011, 08:31 PM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Meh, all have their good and bad points.

I no longer shop on-line at Bass Pro for anything. It seemed like everytime I did in the past, there were items that were backordered without notice until the shipment came. No notification at check out.

Cabela's is fine if items are on sale or in the bargain cave. Otherwise, they are pricey. Their service has been good to me and orders shipped on a timely basis. Once, I placed two orders within a couple of days of each other. I called and asked if they can just charge one shipping charge, and they did.

Gander Mtn...I have bought plenty of stuff from them in store but they are also very pricey. I only go there if I am in need of something and I am close to their store.

Local or mom & pop places can be great with personal service, but I have found they are generally more expensive than the chains because of buying power.

For me anymore, I shop on-line at discount places or buyer's club type places.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 04-25-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm with skully. I also trade and buy from individuals as deals present themselves.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 04-25-2011, 03:32 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 314 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 63

We're getting a BPS near us in the future. I hear they are very pricey.

Last gun came from Gander. Same price as anywhere else and they were convenient. Their clothing is top of the line at top of the line prices. Did pick up a few sweatshirt/Ts off the clearance rack this weekend.

Never been in a Cabela's so can't comment.

I frequent a few LGS in my area and they are almost always several dollars more than Gander, Dicks or we have Pressleys in my area.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:54 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

BPS was okay when I was working and staying away from home close to a retail store. Could browse a couple times a week and wait for what I wanted to come up on sale.
Gander mt. I've got one reasonably close(50min), I buy from them on occasion. I often get really good deals on their hunting clothing and camping gear and sometimes foodplot supplies. The last time I bought a firearm from them was about 8 years ago when one I wanted was on special and was a smoking deal. Ever since then their "sale prices" seem to be more than the usual prices from online or other local dealers. Their reloading components are ridiculous. Usually 1.5 to 2X more expensive than what I can buy elsewhere.
Cabelas is about an 1hr 15 from me. They often have great buys and I've spent a few thou there in the last year on long arms, reloading equipment and predator calls. Usually something I'm looking for is on sale, and is usually on stock. Their customer service has been excellent the few times I've needed it.
The LGS is where I prefer to do business, even if it cost me a couple extra dollars. However availability is often a problem and when I've ask about ordering a certain firearms or components they usually try to push something they have on stock. Same thing when I want to get something shipped to their FFL. They are getting better though. They've come to realize what I ask for is what I want. I have been making it a point to mention that if they don't want to deal with me, and get what I want at a reasonable profit margin, I've got no problem spending a lot of cash elsewhere

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 05-04-2011, 02:26 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 224 Times on 124 Posts
Likes Given: 452

Cabelas is the bomb! But too far from me. Bass pro shop here has really bad customer service, so I try not to go there, I like the mom and pop stores but not much selection. Gander mtn. is my main choice, good selection good price and they are nice to deal with and dont treat you like a 5 year old.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 05-04-2011, 03:03 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 314 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 63

I have recently been told that if you are a Scout or Adult Leader and have your ID card from BSA, Gander gives a 10% discount and Cabela's gives a 25% discount. I seriously doubt this would apply to firearms or ammo. But for clothing, camping goods etc. I will take any discount I can get.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:46 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I hate to say this depending on what it is i just go to wal-mart. For target ammo,fishing gear and such as lures, some hunting items. but my wife also works there and gets a 10% discount. For my more serious items if buying a firearm i shop around between shops intill i find the price i want to pay. Bass-pro, and cabela's are just to far away inless i do the ordering online and want to wait for what ever it is that im looking for. So thats how i go about finding the stuff i need.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #9

I like gander mtn. and local gun shops there both really cheap for me.

Old 05-04-2011, 04:34 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The Gander by my place tries to sell used, beat up guns at almost the same price as their new ones.Like for instance they had a NIB Glock 17 for 599.99 and in the used section they had a beat to s*** Glock 17 that they were asking 575.00 for! Their pistol and rifle ammo is way pricey but overall i usually get pretty good service from them but they are my last resort stop. Cabelas is like Gander only bigger haha but they seem to be a tiny bit more reasonable on their ammo pricing but not by much.

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"