Galco's King Tuk & Crossbreed alternative
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Galco's King Tuk & Crossbreed alternative

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Galco's King Tuk & Crossbreed alternative

I had a friend who owns a crossbreed, let me borrow his holster for a week. Gotta say i liked it never tried a hybrid holster before. I have a summer comfort holster that i carry my glock 23 in and its gets the job done well but, i also have a glock 17 that i have a desantis speed scabbard for which is an owb pancake style hoster. I live in florida and during the hotter months with light clothing its a little harder to conceal a full size piece, even tho it can be done with a lil effort... I rather carry iwb anyway seems more comfortable and hidden to me anyways. Well back on topic!!!. I was going to order a crossbreed today. But decided to go to one of my local gun range/shop and ran across a galco king tuk holster. Im friends with the owner so he i told him my deliema so he let me try 1 on for size and i must say it looked and felt great. Another plus is it can accomidate multiple glocks.. Standard, compact and sub conpact size witch is an added bonus because i plan on getting the 27 Soon ; ). The wife is gonna kill me hehehe!!!. The king tuk is super comfortable and hide my full size glock with ease. The 23 basically dissapear in it so i can only imagine the 27.. I can where my 17 all day and forget i even have it on me, even though my primary carry is the 23, its just nice to know i can switch up anytime and hide them well.

So in short if you want a hybrid type holster and dnt want the wait for a crossbreed holster to be made and or shipped. Or you dnt have the funds at the moment for it, you cannot go wrong with the king tuk holster by galco. Imho its just a good if not a better choice for the money....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-26-2011, 11:21 PM   #2

Liked 1652 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 361

I bought my son a King Tuk a few months ago for his 1911, and he loves it. He carries concealed every day at work and is very happy with the comfort and accessibility the holster provides.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 11-27-2011, 12:08 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Im sure is is happy.. By far this is the most comfortable holster i've ever worn.. Shoulda got 1 a long time ago...

Old 12-16-2011, 05:30 PM   #4

Look at the Double Phalanx also. It is made by Kurtis at Shielded Holsters. The same crossbreed type but less expensive and made to the same specs and quality of the Supertuck and King Tuk. $50 shipped. Www.shieldedholsters.com

Old 12-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I got two Crossbreed holsters and a Comp-Tac. I love the Comp-Tac better. Pay the extra money it is worth it. Another plus is the sent candy with it.
Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent