Full-Auto!
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Full-Auto!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 10:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts

Default Full-Auto!

Hey guys/gals!
Today at the gun range, I had a conversation with another about a gun stocks. I was informed about "slidefire" and was intrigued. My AR is Semi but I watched view reviews and I'm considering. Does anyone heard or has the slidefire stock? How is it?

"the only stupid Question is Question not asked"-Albert Einstein

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-14-2014, 11:06 PM   #2

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

It works at what it does. Really good for not much more than simple fun though. Unless you can think of a legit reason you want full auto, other than the fact that it SHOULD be your right and that you want it?

I personally think the machine gun registry should be done away with, and that civilians should be allowed to buy ALL the same small arms that the military uses, on the general market place. Imagine a world where you can pick up a gallon of milk and an M249 SAW in the same store... Mmmmm.... I think I just talked dirty to myself, because I'm a happy, HAPPY man at that thought...

I just can't think of a reason that I would want one, other than collecting. I wouldn't want to shell out the money to feed a full auto.
Dahamp2003 Likes This 
Old 03-14-2014, 11:12 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Mmmmm.... I think I just talked dirty to myself, because I'm a happy, HAPPY man at that thought...
If I could literally lmao, I'm pretty sure that would've done it. That's hilarious.

But yes. I agree. Few things are more fun than blowing through a bunch of ammo in fully auto, ESPECIALLY when its the government's ammo.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:16 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4112 Times on 2796 Posts
Likes Given: 2038

An expensive simulator that eats real ammo and shoots patterns.

Old 03-14-2014, 11:22 PM   #5

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts

Thx for the inspiring words of wisdom. I was just wondering because who know , when you have to design a cool pattern on a unlucky SOB that decided to break in.

Mercator Likes This 
Old 03-14-2014, 11:43 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4112 Times on 2796 Posts
Likes Given: 2038

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubus83 View Post
Thx for the inspiring words of wisdom. I was just wondering because who know , when you have to design a cool pattern on a unlucky SOB that decided to break in.

That's up to you, but it is sold expressly for entertainment. The fact that the Feds waved it off should tell you. (For now, anyway)

Old 03-15-2014, 12:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubus83 View Post

If you wake up in the middle of the night to some dumb **** nuts poking his head in your window, yep, it'll get the job done. IF you want to go that route. I'd personally be happy pulling the trigger multiple times on my own, or just using a shotgun.

But hey. You could peel potatoes with a chainsaw. Just because I don't personally see the point, won't stop anyone from trying it who wants to try it, right? This is the land of the (somewhat) free. Pursuit of happiness and all that. Go for it if you wanna.

It does work. Going rock and roll (even simulated) is a freaking blast (pun intended). That's what it's meant for, that's what it's good for. Isn't that about what you asked?

Old 03-15-2014, 01:02 AM   #8

Here's a pretty good analogy, kinda...

I'd love to do this. Looks cool as hell. But for general purposes, I'll stick to my bottle opener. Or teeth.

Kinda falls into the same category as the slide fire.

jjfuller1 Likes This 
Old 03-15-2014, 01:05 AM   #9

Liked 1333 Times on 893 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Here's my 2 cents; I am not going to buy one because it could, no, definitely would quickly decrease my now more pricey ammo. FAST. Also, they're not cheap. Nearly 400 bucks if I remember right. Also, I have come to realize that tactically, you're better off with semi-auto. In almost ALL instances, unless you're the ARMY with unlimited ammo supplies. But, on the other hand, what might they be worth someday, if made illegal, but current owners are allowed to keep them? A lot. Would I like to try one? Uhhh, YES.
I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:22 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 237 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 12

You might also want to take a look at the TacCon trigger: https://tacfirecon.com/tacfireconshop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=51

About the same money----but you get a decent semi auto trigger in the deal, which is worth more than a few bucks
by itself. Makes the "play" position a bit more affordable. It also eliminates the goofy "pull with one hand push
with the other" firing mode of the slidefire.