Front/rear bags for benchrest
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Front/rear bags for benchrest

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Front/rear bags for benchrest

May get either a Hart or Sinclair std flat-top br for shooting non-competitively my .22s - 30-06 sporters. I'm thinking the narrow owl ear front bags would be more for a br w. windage adjustment--am I correct? I'd think a wider front bag, or maybe even a brick or pillow bag, would allow me to adj. my aim more easily & thus shoot more accurately. Both makers sell All-Purpose tops but I'm thinking that might not be the best choice because you'd be stuck w. the bag that comes w. that top. However, the AP top would be ok I suppose if the bags could be easily removed & replaced w. one of the other bags I've mentioned. Is this possible? Any thoughts on all this? Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-29-2011, 03:52 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Before you go spending a bunch of money may I suggest using some cheap sandbags and a sand sock. You put the sand sock in the back near your rear sling mount close to your shoulder and you can squeeze it to change where your aim is. This may also help you decide what you really want with a shooting rest in general plus it's a lot cheaper then buying a factory made anything really.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 05-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #3

Default Front/rear bags for benchrest

Thanks wmille01. I've thought about that approach as well. I've seen write-ups on some pretty good bag set-ups that come close to br accuracy. Also, have thought about building something out of wood (I'm thinking solid laminated 3/4" oak to add weight for stability), adding a front bag like maybe a Protektor on top & something to adj. for ht. I'm searching around for some ideas on that. Only thing is, my summer looks pretty darn full as it is & I'd kinda like to get to shootin' asap.