Fireproof safe needed?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Fireproof safe needed?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Fireproof safe needed?

What is your opinion on getting a fire-proof safe.

I mean a safe that has a really high time limit of being in a house fire.

Is it really needed to store firearms?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-14-2007, 01:48 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo_doug View Post
What is your opinion on getting a fire-proof safe.

I mean a safe that has a really high time limit of being in a house fire.

Is it really needed to store firearms?

Only if your house burns down I dont even know if my safe is fire rated. Its one of those Winchester safe's from SAM's. If I remember correctly the fire rating is what really jumps the price up. My guns are insured and can be replaced. I got the safe to keep the bad people out.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:52 AM   #3

There are two principal considerations in deciding how much fire protection you need. First, are you storing collectors' items that couldn't be replaced at any price (and probably not insured except at premiums that would make any vault look cheap in comparison)? If so, you probably want the highest rated vault you can buy. The other consideration is the temperature rating and duration of the protection you need. If you live in a single family block house in a city where fire department response time is under three minutes, you probably don't need as much protection as if you live in a multi-story wood frame multi-tenant building in a rural area. If you live in the sticks, where your house might be fully engulfed before anybody noticed and called the volunteer FD who show up to watch your house burn down because they need the experience you probably ought to have the maximum fire resistance.

Old 04-26-2007, 05:32 AM   #4

dont fall asleep while smoking, reduces the chances of house fires by like...99%, and when the little dope smoking arson freaks come around, shoot them, and drag them into your house and open your fire proof safe and then call the cops and say you caught them trying to break into your fire proof safe with flammable substances, you stopped two crimes at once. Hey, i would buy it, and then i would the little POS, lol. sssh...dont tell the chief.