firearm and reloading record keeping

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > firearm and reloading record keeping

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default firearm and reloading record keeping

i am looking for some software to keep track of my firearms and the results of reloading. it is getting kinda cumbersome to keep it on paper and now with a lap top i should be able to keep better records. not looking for anytning fancy just a simple way to store my information. i hope i am putting this question in the right place on the forum. let me know what you are using. argie1891

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Microsoft Excel, you can use it for storing any type of data.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #3
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1731 Times on 960 Posts
Likes Given: 5280

I took a quick look. (since I like searching and learning).
Maybe others have some input on these programs or can offer some others.
I wouldn't mind having one for storing the target (photo or scan) and some comments.

http://stevespages.com/page8b.htm

RELOADER GOLD ver. 2.2
Re-Loader GOLD is a full featured database application designed to aid the high powered rifle re-loader in recording and maintaining important history information. Provides un-limited database size and allows creating a un-limited number of different databases. Provides pulldown user changeable selection menu's for bullet type, powder type, and primer.

Re-Loader GOLD also provides a ballistic calculator that generates a trajectory graph for any database entry. This trajectory graph allows instant changes in scope height, sight angle, distant zero, and range up to 500 yards. Instantly reports bullet drop (path), remaining velocity and energy for any selected range up to 500 yards. Provides options for printing graphs or targets to a dot matrix or laser printer.

Re-Loader GOLD operates in high resolution graphics mode, providing the end user with a very attractive user interface. Fully mouse aware with push button operation.

http://shootingsoftware.com/ballistics.htm
RSI's Shooting Lab
RSI's Shooting Lab™ software was the first component of the Shooting Lab system introduced in 1998. It helps shooters and hand loaders analyze loads, keep proper records, and more. Shooting Lab is much more than just another "exterior ballistics" program. Its exterior ballistics are based on methods developed at the U.S. Army's Ballistic Research Laboratory in Aberdeen, MD not 110 year old Ingalls. No other commercial shooting software has comparable exterior ballistics modeling capabilities... and exterior ballistics is less than 10% of the program!
http://www.reloadbuddy.com/
Reload Buddy
Keeps Track of Reloading Data
Now you have a place to keep track of all your intricate load recipes for your rifles, pistols, and shotguns! There are fields to track every aspect of your reloading process so you can reproduce your loads exactly time after time, i.e. powder details, bullet details, case stamps, case weight, overall length, case trim length, ballistic coefficient, velocity, primer type, etc…Keeps Track of Reloading Data
Now you have a place to keep track of all your intricate load recipes for your rifles, pistols, and shotguns! There are fields to track every aspect of your reloading process so you can reproduce your loads exactly time after time, i.e. powder details, bullet details, case stamps, case weight, overall length, case trim length, ballistic coefficient, velocity, primer type, etc…