Fanny pack Holster for my Glock19
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Fanny pack Holster for my Glock19

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Fanny pack Holster for my Glock19

Recently purchased the Glock19!! I'm thinking the only comfortable way to conceal her is with a fanny pack Holster!! Love the gun and I want to carry her most of the time but I want to be comfortable as well!! Is FPH to much of a red flag for concealment?? Or is there there other Holsters that are just as comfortable with the 19 without the big stamp on my belly that reads " I'm carrying"??

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #2

Liked 2032 Times on 1118 Posts
Likes Given: 1350

I carry all of my handguns in an OWB holster. I carry everything from a Kahr CM9 to a 4 inch S&W 44 Mag. Some are more comfortable than others.

You may find the fanny pack more comfortable. But if you do buy one, please let us know so that someone can stop by and collect your "Man Card".

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
I carry all of my handguns in an OWB holster. I carry everything from a Kahr CM9 to a 4 inch S&W 44 Mag. Some are more comfortable than others.

You may find the fanny pack more comfortable. But if you do buy one, please let us know so that someone can stop by and collect your "Man Card".
Oh I'm not worried about my masculinity!! That's the last thing that would stop me, unless it was pink or some bright color!! Lol
Old 07-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall

Oh I'm not worried about my masculinity!! That's the last thing that would stop me, unless it was pink or some bright color!! Lol
OWB would be Ideal for open carry, live in the great State of Florida, where the laws states "it's ok to carry, but don't let the law or anyone else know that you are"or something close to that. which really never made much sense to me!! But I'm looking to conceal her and be comfortable!! Maybe I can't do both ideally??

Old 07-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #5

I don't open carry. I always conceal.

If I saw someone carrying a fanny pack I would automatically assume there is a gun in it...unless it was pink, and the guy was wearing a belly shirt!

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #6

Liked 520 Times on 313 Posts
Likes Given: 238

Check out the DeSantis gun caddie. It slips onto your belt.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #7

I would not think anything of a jogger or a bicyclist wearing a fanny pack, or maybe a hiker.

Old 07-13-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3099 Times on 1553 Posts
Likes Given: 383

I don't know, it could go either way.
NRA Life Member

Liberals are constantly telling us about the poor and oppressed in this country. With that in mind, why do they feel the need to keep importing poor people from other countries?

Last edited by Overkill0084; 07-17-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Old 07-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #9

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Recently purchased the Glock19!! I'm thinking the only comfortable way to conceal her is with a fanny pack Holster!!
First, I'm curious why you think a fanny pack is the only comfortable way to carry your Glock? I sometimes carry my full size Glock 17 in an IWB holster with no particular discomfort. My normal carry piece is a Glock 36 worn IWB which is similar in size to your Glock 19. With a good belt, a good holster and decent cover garment you should have no trouble carrying a Glock 19 in a belt holster.

FWIW, my usual wear is a tee shirt with a lose fitting 'cover' garment over that. Either a camp/hawaiian/guayabera shirt in summer or a sweater/sweatshirt in cooler weather.

Not that I think there's anything wrong with a fanny pack. It's a great option to have especially if you are not wearing a belt (sweat pants, athletic shorts or swim trunks, for example). I just don't see where it's the *only* option.

Quote:
Is FPH to much of a red flag for concealment??
I really think people tend to overstate this as a problem. I bet 99% of the people you meet won't give it a second though, assuming they even notice to begin with! The small number who do figure it out I say, so what? If you are legally carrying who cares if a cop or some gun nut
notices your fanny pack is a holster? As long as its legally concealed, its all good.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by mdauben; 07-15-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #10

Liked 520 Times on 313 Posts
Likes Given: 238

I wear tight fitting jeans and never wear a t-shirt under a shirt, especially during hot humid summer months. I never felt comfortable with IWB holsters, but that's just me. I prefer a belt holster. On those hot sticky days having my gun pressing against my skin makes me sweat like crazy, where a fanny pack carries my G27, BHP, or Sig228 very comfortably with easy access to it. At times though I use a nylon shoulder rig for my Glock that conceals very well under my shirt, but after a while it does tend to feel a little uncomfortable. Normally during the summer I carry my NAA 32 in my pocket, which eliminates any concealment problems.