Egregious Price Gouging Thread - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Egregious Price Gouging Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 01:31 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 3

Default what's that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
pure free market capitalism at work

what's "free market capitalism" ? <sarc>

Old 12-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #62
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2083 Times on 1134 Posts
Likes Given: 753

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSteele View Post
what's "free market capitalism" ? <sarc>
Some say that years ago there was a place where labor and owners could freely negotiate their wages; where prices were set by an open forum between consumers and producers. They say there was a place where men and women could choose their own path to societal contribution and determine their own value. It was a place where private property was sacred, and success was honored amongst the people.

Some say there was such a place. I'm not sure if it was just a myth.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
People Like This 
Old 01-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #63

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

I just sold a Mini 14 Tactical for $1200 at lunch... I guess I'm part of the "problem". Or am I part of the solution?

Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #64

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Stopped by my LGS yesterday- needed to pick up some 20 g buckshot to go with a Christmas present. They had every employee they had working (and asked if I could spend some time talking with 2 folks that were in need of information). Place was packed!

They are sold out of every AR/ AK type rifle they have (except one Cali compliant DPMS- which NO ONE wants to buy! ) They have about 40-50 a few days ago. Their prices on rifles, ammo and mags did not change- if it sells, it sells. If we sell out, we sell out. We do not screw our customers.

Meanwhile, gun show 30 miles away, ridiculous prices on everything- and herds of people clutching money trying to get in the door.

And THAT is why my LGS is my LGS.

Same with mine. Glad to see the honest businesspeople are still doing honest work. Gun prices have stayed the same, with a slight increase on ammo.....about 15% I noticed. Just found out my LGS got a box of PMAGS today, selling them discreetly to regulars first Gonna scoop up a couple tonight

Old 01-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #65

Liked 64 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 327

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyno13 View Post
What comes to mind is the FN SCAR 17 that normally sells for $1500-$1800 is now selling for close to $4000
I think I will pass...

Sig P220 Equinox, Sig P239, Sig P226 Navy (MK25)
Sig P238
Glock 19, Glock 20, Glock 26, Glock 36
Springfield XD 45ACP
S&W M&P 45ACP, S&W M&P Shield 9MM
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber Sapphire Ultra Carry II
Kimber Stainless Pro Raptor II
Kel Tec PF9, Kel Tec P32
Ruger SR9, Ruger SR9C
Remington 887 Nitro Mag Tactical (12g)
Stag Arms AR15 556
Ruger SR556E
SKS Chinese Norinco
Mosin Nagant 91/30 (2)
NRA Member

Old 01-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #66

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

What a drastic difference in attitudes among gunowners on THIS board, as opposed to this other board - this thread is nauseating;

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1460152

In a victim nation, a classroom full of dead children is morally superior to a teacher holding a smoking gun knowing she just protected her students.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:08 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
What a drastic difference in attitudes among gunowners on THIS board, as opposed to this other board - this thread is nauseating;

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1460152
What's so nauseating about it? I don't see how it's any different than the other forum you linked to... A handful of people complaining. A handful of people taking advantage of supply and demand and making a few bucks. A handful of people tossing out horror stories about trying to buy a gun at Walmart.

Not trying to stoke your fire... Just trying to figure out where this thread went wrong and the other didn't.
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 01-09-2013, 03:32 AM   #68

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Well the "Steubenville bragging" over how they got over on fellow gun buyers was ugly. I wouldn't openly joke that I am gouging buyers as much as possible.

In a victim nation, a classroom full of dead children is morally superior to a teacher holding a smoking gun knowing she just protected her students.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:49 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
Well the "Steubenville bragging" over how they got over on fellow gun buyers was ugly. I wouldn't openly joke that I am gouging buyers as much as possible.
OOOOOOHHHH. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying THIS forum made you nauseated you were talking about the other forum being the bad one. And it is...

I did sell a Mini 14 today for $1200. But it had a 2-7 Redfield. Warne QD rings, hogue stock and 3x 20 round Ruger mags. I asked $1200 OBO. The third email I got was a full price offer. I took it. I had roughly $800 in that rifle 4 months ago. Judging by current market value he got a deal with the extras.

I don't think I took advantage of him but I did sort of use the inflated market to my advantage.

Not like those guys buying $500 WM rifles and flipping them in the parking lot for 2 Grand.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #70

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatthew

OOOOOOHHHH. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying THIS forum made you nauseated you were talking about the other forum being the bad one. And it is...

I did sell a Mini 14 today for $1200. But it had a 2-7 Redfield. Warne QD rings, hogue stock and 3x 20 round Ruger mags. I asked $1200 OBO. The third email I got was a full price offer. I took it. I had roughly $800 in that rifle 4 months ago. Judging by current market value he got a deal with the extras.

I don't think I took advantage of him but I did sort of use the inflated market to my advantage.

Not like those guys buying $500 WM rifles and flipping them in the parking lot for 2 Grand.
Theres nothing wrong with having a rifle that you want to sell and then selling it to a person for a completely fair (current) market (if not cheaper) price ,, its the hoarders and bottom feeding gougers that are creating and fueling this ridiculous cycle. STOP OVERBUYING,,,,, AND HOARDING PEOPLE!!!! End of the day , DEMAND drives prices up,,
WE are driving prices up on ourf*****g selves..... If you need something and have to have it, buy it. If you are panicking and following the rest of the lemmings over the cliff,, buying s**t just to stock pile like its never going to be sold again ( "assault " weapons excluded ) Then we are perpetuating the retarded cycle.