Econimical Lights and Weapon Mounts
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Econimical Lights and Weapon Mounts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Econimical Lights and Weapon Mounts

Don't know how many are interested in putting a light on their gun but most of those things I've seen can get pretty expensive , then today when shopping for some more rechargeable batteries at a sight I found some what look like a few good alternatives to the $200 + setups .

Here is a mount that appears to be able to accept any standard Tail cap activated light at a fraction of the cost of many other on the market .

http://www.batteryjunction.com/fab-defense-plg.html

The site http://www.batteryjunction.com/ has a large selection of ultra bright lights that should serve well as the expensive alternative of a SureFire light that can run into the hundreds of dollars .

Here is just one example of a light with a 600+ Lumen output that is less than $100 and if you really want to save some money can use rechargeable RCR123A batteries that are also listed on the page for sale for $29.00

http://www.batteryjunction.com/rc-t5.html

That light mounted on a Home Defense weapon would make for one heck of a deadly illuminated combination when things go bump in the night .

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-30-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I'd just warn to watch for cheap Chinese junk when searching the web for "affordable" solutions. Thanks for the link though, I'll be picking up some of those rechargeables. I know my light eats through those things pretty quick.

edit: dammit, they don't recommend them for use in incandescent lights.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Last edited by matt g; 10-30-2008 at 05:34 PM.

Old 10-30-2008, 07:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
I'd just warn to watch for cheap Chinese junk when searching the web for "affordable" solutions. Thanks for the link though, I'll be picking up some of those rechargeables. I know my light eats through those things pretty quick.

edit: dammit, they don't recommend them for use in incandescent lights.
Matt while I understand what you're saying , these days it's hard to judge quality by where something is made and it's all such a freaking gamble the consumers "Or at least I am" are never sure what to buy .

I almost didn't buy my Rocky Boots when I looked at the tag on the tongue because it says "Made in China" especially when I was looking at popping for a $150 pair of Boots , but now here we are 6 years later and when I clean them up they are still as good as new and let me tell ya brother I have put those Boots through Hell and back hunting in snow , rain and mud .