Earpro EP3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Earpro EP3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Earpro EP3

Anyone use the Earpro? And are they good I don't want a big pair of head phones on my head

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-24-2012, 05:53 AM   #2

Liked 41 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie713
Anyone use the Earpro? And are they good I don't want a big pair of head phones on my head
They work fantastically. My dad uses them for work so we tried them at the range...that's all we will wear anymore. Super comfy and you can still hear with them in. they have little plugs to block out more sound. I shoot with one plugged and the other (the left since its not right by the gun) open so I can still here. I HIGHLY recommend them.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:54 PM   #3

Thanks that's good to know cause I don't like the big ear muff

Old 09-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie713
Thanks that's good to know cause I don't like the big ear muff
I dont either. They are bulky and cumbersome. And frankly...look a little dorky

Old 09-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #5

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 41

The earpro are only good for doubling ear protection, they do not provide enough protection by themselves. You'll need those dorky ear muffs if you care about your hearing.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"
Seven Likes This 
Old 09-26-2012, 03:26 AM   #6

Liked 136 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom View Post
The earpro are only good for doubling ear protection, they do not provide enough protection by themselves. You'll need those dorky ear muffs if you care about your hearing.
I'll second that. I use my EP3's when I'm mowing. Works great for that.
At the range I use a dorky set of electronic muffs.

I lost too much of my hearing during my "car audio phase" to lose any more.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:07 AM   #7

You might not be using them right... Theu do block out enough sound. Its been proven in tests. Also...dunno if you've ever seen this show called top shot...but they focus on safety and only let people use approved protective equipment. And I've seen numerous competitors using sonic defenders as their ear protection. Best bet tho...buy a pair and try em out and see how you feel about them. They are $10-15. In my opinion...someone who uses them every time I shoot...they are perfectly safe

Old 09-27-2012, 02:33 AM   #8

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rferguson61 View Post
You might not be using them right... Theu do block out enough sound. Its been proven in tests. Also...dunno if you've ever seen this show called top shot...but they focus on safety and only let people use approved protective equipment. And I've seen numerous competitors using sonic defenders as their ear protection. Best bet tho...buy a pair and try em out and see how you feel about them. They are $10-15. In my opinion...someone who uses them every time I shoot...they are perfectly safe
Oh I am using them right, 24NRR even with the most perfect fit does not provide enough isolation in an indoor gun range. Hearing loss doesn't happen overnight when using some sort of protection, but the day you notice it is the day it's too late. A buddy of mine at the range over the years lost his hearing while thinking that he was wearing enough protection.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"