don't fly out of boston - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > don't fly out of boston

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

I have a 50 BMG key chain that is actually too big (and slightly heavy) to use for my keys. Do you think they would have a problem with it?

Here's a little comparison of a 50 BMG.

(.50 BMG, .300 Win Mag, .300 Win, 7.62x39mm, 5.56 NATO, .22 LR)
I have one of those, bought it as a novelty as its way too big to use for a keychain. I use it for an airhorn pull on my Freightliner big rig.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 04-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1719 Times on 894 Posts
Likes Given: 3644

The TSA will let a Muslin, in full Muzzie garb walk through, then stop tiny white 90 year old woman, because she is wearing an American flag lapel pin.

Old 04-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #23
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

I have a 50 BMG key chain that is actually too big (and slightly heavy) to use for my keys. Do you think they would have a problem with it?

Here's a little comparison of a 50 BMG.

(.50 BMG, .300 Win Mag, .300 Win, 7.62x39mm, 5.56 NATO, .22 LR)
They would probably hit you for having ammo and a kubotan

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:58 PM   #24

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I was returning to America from a job in Ireland. Had to change planes in Chicago. My carry on had a dial caliper in it. The idiot on the scanner yelled pistol. All hell broke out. They grabbed me pronto. They were pointing at the screen going crazy. "What is zat kinda goon man"? I ask for a manager. When the fellow showed up he explained it was a devise used by engineers. As I walked away the idiots were still bitching that I had a pistol. I still can not believe that happened in America.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #25

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I was hassled at DIA about 5 years ago for my Zippo lighter. Now anyone who has ever thrown a bic at the ground knows they explode upon impact but my zippo bounces and there is no chance of it exploding but TSA has no clue about these things. Convinced that it was a form of an explosive they confiscated the innerds and gave me back the case telling me I could pick up a pack of matches at the bar in the airport. The irony was that I was wearing a t shirt that said,"Suck Sand Sadam" guess they thought I was a possible threat with my 5" brim and boots I must have looked like a towelhead.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:57 PM   #26

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
I had an extremely aggravating experience flying out of Boston. I was pulled aside by security and checked as usual. I was then informed that I would have to wait for the police to arrive for 2 objects I had on me. A bullet shaped key chain (kind of understandable) and what was termed as a firearm replica. (see attached picture). When I offered to surrender the keychain and was informed I would miss my flight in waiting for Leo I got bull@#it and said "for a fu$&ing key chain?" The agent said it was standard procedure. I continued to get irrate and verbally combative (was prepared to go to court). Long story short a supervisor was called, the key chain was confiscated and I was allowed to continue to nc after I removed item 2 (picture) and stored it in my carry on.
Does it go "Tink" instead of bang? LOL

The TSA is way out of control. I traveled overseas to work at Nuke sites for a few years and had a hard time coming back thru immigration because of where I had been.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
And my wife wonders why I refuse to fly unless I absolutely have to.

Interesting take on the subject:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katehicks/2012/04/14/former_tsa_chief_allow_weapons_on_planes
Amen I hear ya, I don't fly unless I absolutely have to.
Joe R

A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them; the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.” Proverbs 22:3

Old 05-13-2012, 02:35 AM   #28

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

The communist are eating us from the inside out with rules, policy, laws, and process.

Old 05-13-2012, 04:14 AM   #29

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
I was returning to America from a job in Ireland. Had to change planes in Chicago. My carry on had a dial caliper in it. The idiot on the scanner yelled pistol. All hell broke out. They grabbed me pronto. They were pointing at the screen going crazy. "What is zat kinda goon man"? I ask for a manager. When the fellow showed up he explained it was a devise used by engineers. As I walked away the idiots were still bitching that I had a pistol. I still can not believe that happened in America.
Welcome to O'Hare, I go through it very often!

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 05-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #30
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8704 Times on 3766 Posts
Likes Given: 1338

Quote:
Welcome to O'Hare, I go through it very often!
Have always thought it should be spelled O'Hell. Watched a gate agent there send passengers down the jetway to board an aircraft. Problem: No airplane at the bottom of THAT jetway.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt