Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > don't fly out of boston

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #11
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

Yeah I have the powder horn pin for loading the other pin. The keychain was brazed directly to the end of the case completely covering the primer pocket. They actually put the keychain back through the scanner to check for powder. When I flew back out of nc I had a reflex sight a bore sighter a laser sight with pressure switch and a survival hammock. No issues at all. I am considering writing a letter to my friends at nra and goal to see what their thoughts on this is.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #12
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1251 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 441

I keep telling people that the main agenda of the TSA is to train people to submit to illegal government searches. If the TSA were really concerned with security they would search the Muslims in Burkahs however it is spelled. Of course that would be profiling and politically incorrect. It would also show some signs of common sense which has been outlawed by the government in favor of political correctness.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
If things get better with age, I am approaching magnificent.
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #13
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yeah when they called bag check on me a guard came over and on his way he looked at me and said "bad bad bad" I said to him "what's bad? You haven't even seen the scan yet?" He just shook his head and continued toward the scan. My lawyers would have had a field day with this clear cut profiling and bologna case. I believe they saw my other pins and realized I was affiliated with a few groups who would have also had a field day if Leo had become involved.
My suggestion if any of you run into something similar and you have time demand Leo comes down. Remember half of these tsa agents are just there because they saw the ad at the unemployment office after they were fired from McDonald's. They are not trained and do not have authority.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #14

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

My friends farther passed away a couple years ago, He was in Nam. @ his funeral the army dudes shot a 21 gun salute? Anyways my friend & I was given one of the dummy rounds. He had it engraved with his dads birth, death date & put a chain on it. He wore it for about a year as a necklace. Logan (Boston) confiscated it, he didn't get it back. So I gave him mine & he gave me his dads old tweezers. (he was kind of the towns medic).
He was an American hero. To do something so idiotic to his kid & my life long friend still bothers me a lot Grrrrrrrrrr. I can still imagine him rolling over in his grave babbling about Gov. Commies.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #15

Liked 198 Times on 137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
Yeah when they called bag check on me a guard came over and on his way he looked at me and said "bad bad bad" I said to him "what's bad? You haven't even seen the scan yet?" He just shook his head and continued toward the scan. My lawyers would have had a field day with this clear cut profiling and bologna case. I believe they saw my other pins and realized I was affiliated with a few groups who would have also had a field day if Leo had become involved.
My suggestion if any of you run into something similar and you have time demand Leo comes down. Remember half of these tsa agents are just there because they saw the ad at the unemployment office after they were fired from McDonald's. They are not trained and do not have authority.
I wouldve told him that his lack of common sense and stupidity was "bad, bad, bad". Treating someone like a criminal because they have a flintlock pin, obviously not a weapon in any way shape or form is ridiculous. I wouldve demanded that a leo be called because the way they treated you was assinine.

Last year my wife and i went to Destin, FL. We drove down in her Explorer for two reasons, #1 For two adult and one child plane ticket and a rental car it wouldve been more expensive than driving. And the second reason i WAS NOT going unarmed. I took my 1911 and Bersa .380 for backup and no jackass TSA agent was gonna tell me any different.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 04-15-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:36 PM   #16

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I flew our of logan last summer and my carry on bag was my range backpack. I had a bottle if water in there that they took. But they left my 4 inch screwdriver I have for adjusting sights. The bag was full of empty brass i found later as well. about 12 empty cases in there from 9mm .45 . 44mag. They never even mentioned the brass.

Now if wanted to do something on a plane I'd use the screwdriver over the bottle water. It makes no sense.

Sometimes I think they just do it to fcuk up your day..

I also think it's to get people used to illegal searches.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #17
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yeah at one point while I was rather pissed off and arguing with the guy I told him I would sooner use my keys as a weapon than do anything with the hat pin. Not the smartest thing to say but I was very aggravated and its true. I'm just thankful someone in a higher position had enough sense to realize how stupid the entire thing was and that I was not going to go quietly.

Anyway I wrote a letter to goal to inform them about my experience I look forward to their reply.

Last edited by mountainman13; 04-15-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Old 04-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

God damn TSA

Old 04-15-2012, 08:42 PM   #19

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

The last time I flew was in '95 & that was required by my work. It was long before TSA, but I still vowed that I'd not fly again unless forced to, because of the security bs I had to put up with. From what I've heard about TSA, I don't know if threat of losing my job would make me do it. Since I am retired now, glad I don't have to face that decision.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #20
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
ROFL................

What if that pin shot teeny, tiny bullets?? Huh? What if???

I have a inert .45 ACP round on my key chain StalkingBear gave me. THAT would go over big, wouldn't it? I mean, it's real and all, it just doesn't have any gunpowder in it.
I have a 50 BMG key chain that is actually too big (and slightly heavy) to use for my keys. Do you think they would have a problem with it?

Here's a little comparison of a 50 BMG.

(.50 BMG, .300 Win Mag, .300 Win, 7.62x39mm, 5.56 NATO, .22 LR)

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 04-16-2012 at 05:33 AM.