Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   don't fly out of boston (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/dont-fly-out-boston-62573/)

mountainman13 04-15-2012 11:21 AM

don't fly out of boston

1 Attachment(s)
I had an extremely aggravating experience flying out of Boston. I was pulled aside by security and checked as usual. I was then informed that I would have to wait for the police to arrive for 2 objects I had on me. A bullet shaped key chain (kind of understandable) and what was termed as a firearm replica. (see attached picture). When I offered to surrender the keychain and was informed I would miss my flight in waiting for Leo I got bull@#it and said "for a fu$&ing key chain?" The agent said it was standard procedure. I continued to get irrate and verbally combative (was prepared to go to court). Long story short a supervisor was called, the key chain was confiscated and I was allowed to continue to nc after I removed item 2 (picture) and stored it in my carry on.

PlaysWithZombies 04-15-2012 11:35 AM

Wow, the stupidity of some people continues to amaze me somehow.

That sucks man. I haven't flown anywhere since the late nineties, and as inconvienent as it can be, i think i'll continue driving to my continental US destinations.

winds-of-change 04-15-2012 11:49 AM

ROFL................

What if that pin shot teeny, tiny bullets?? Huh? What if???

I have a inert .45 ACP round on my key chain StalkingBear gave me. THAT would go over big, wouldn't it? I mean, it's real and all, it just doesn't have any gunpowder in it.

PlaysWithZombies 04-15-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change
ROFL................

I have a inert .45 ACP round on my key chain StalkingBear gave me.

Well that would obviously make you a terrorist ;)

Ranger-6 04-15-2012 12:40 PM

The TSA will take your pencil and paper for fear you might draw a picture of a gun. Maybe they will just cut your fingers off and give them back when you land.

c3shooter 04-15-2012 12:41 PM

You have my sympathy. Want to trade places?

Until recently, I was flying about 100-120 times a year. I work with explosives.

Any questions?

I no longer have a social life- I just live for the pat downs at the airport. When security says "Sir, your bag shows traces of TNT.", I just tell them "Check it again. You should also find RDX and HMX. I used enough of that this week. "

Hey- old men are easily amused. :eek:

BTW, for all of you folks that travel on a regular basis- keep a padded, stamped, self addressed mailing envelope in your bag. For the day you forget something that can be mailed, but not carried on. You can put your pocketknife in the mailer, and send it home.

PlaysWithZombies 04-15-2012 12:43 PM

What i want to know is have all these vaguely nazi-ish restrictions and regulations actually caught anyone with ill intentions? Because the last airplane terrorist i heard of was the underwear bomber, and they didn't catch him until his "bomb" malfuntioned AFTER he had already boarded his plane.

Overkill0084 04-15-2012 02:13 PM

And my wife wonders why I refuse to fly unless I absolutely have to.

Interesting take on the subject:
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katehicks/2012/04/14/former_tsa_chief_allow_weapons_on_planes

dragunovsks 04-15-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change
ROFL................

I have a inert .45 ACP round on my key chain StalkingBear gave me. THAT would go over big, wouldn't it? I mean, it's real and all, it just doesn't have any gunpowder in it.

Not to mention its probably also got a hole drilled into for a chain or string to pass through.

PanBaccha 04-15-2012 06:33 PM

The more government grows the more petty it becomes. No room for reason, logic or common sense. Just rules and policies.
The very lubricant needed for robots. And that's what we have. Wait til the rust sets in. Then what?