Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Do you use a gun safe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #121
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5645 Times on 3319 Posts
Likes Given: 4756

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
I live in the boonies with five dogs in the yard. Nothing on our whole road but family. I never worried about a safe. A gun in a safe is worthless when you need it. Then my son in law of a couple of months gets ticked and splits. He left my daughter behind but took 15 of my pistols with him. Get a safe if you want to keep them. Just leave one out when you're home, just in case.
When my brother-in-law divorced his first wife (serious bitch), he was working for my father's firm; he showed up at like 9PM at Dad's house with at least two dozen long guns to stash in an upstairs bedroom. He had already stashed his pistols in the fireproof file cabinet in his office. That man has his priorities straight, IMO.

Old 07-31-2009, 12:53 PM   #122

Liked 64 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by m72law View Post
damn Hawg,i hope you have the numbers to all those pistols?...i'd be super mad and looking for that a**hole...check the pawnshops around your area,you might get lucky.if no luck there...karma will catch up to him
The police have the numbers and pics and they're on the national list. He's on the police report as a suspect. If just one shows up and can be tracked back to him he's going away for a long time.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:13 PM   #123

I have a safe that I hardly ever use. Mainly because my rifles need to be at the ready for critters and I am always carrying my pistol. About the only time that I do lock them in the safe is when I know that I will be gone all day.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:40 PM   #124

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 760

good deal...

Old 08-16-2009, 01:27 AM   #125

Default Safe Alternatives

I worry about placing a heavy safe in an awkward location. Has anyone had experience with the SNAPSAFE™TITAN Closet Vault? It is only 330 lbs and is assembled in place. But, I wonder about its resistance to a break in. ref: http://snapsafe.com/titansafe.php

Old 08-29-2009, 09:32 PM   #126

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have 3 boys. I'm sure I could trust the older 2 not to touch my guns, but I can't trust my 7 year old. It would be foolish to trust any of them. I keep pistols locked in a safe with a pushbutton mechanical combination lock unless they are on me.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:10 PM   #127

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Found the pistol safe I want:

6mm steel door, 10mm steel walls. $165, bargain.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:10 AM   #128

A friend and co-worker told me that our insurance company, USAA, only insures guns for up to about $300 or so.

If at all possible, it is certainly best to take guns from a car into a home only from a dark area, or disguised in a large container with a different shape.
Anything is better than letting strangers passing by (even neighbors) spot a gun bag etc.

Some, even neighbors, will talk about it, and nobody can predict whether the next guy to hear about it is a brother-in-law etc who has a drug problem etc, or is just a straight career criminal.

Orangello:
I read about a guy who bought a bunch of east European 7.62x54R ammo at about an 80-90% discount from a co-worker who had taken her husband's ammo, and maybe also the guns for quick cash.
She had probably followed the standard female trick of having the house locks changed. Young guys-be aware of this.
Women gladly "circle the wagons", and quickly advise each other on very practical ways to divorce men and control the situation, with little or no warning...

She said that the (Bulgarian, Serbian or Russian) ammo cans had "funny-looking words on them".

Last edited by Laufer; 09-03-2009 at 05:21 AM.

Old 09-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #129

We have 3 safes. One giant one lag bolted to the floor in our bedroom. Try decorating around that beast.
Tall Shogun Safes - Homeland Security Safe Company

and then a push button pistol safe for our pistols right next to the bed

and then a biggish one in our hunt/fish room.

I should probably count our guns LOL we have a *few*

Our insurance offers a rider for a teeny bit of money for the appraised/replacement value of our firearms

Old 09-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #130

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laufer View Post
She said that the (Bulgarian, Serbian or Russian) ammo cans had "funny-looking words on them".
Yeah you never know what suspicious commie covert messages they might have been...lol