Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Do you use a gun safe?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 10:44 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have two handguns in two different small gun safes. One safe is next to my bed the other in the family room where I spend most my waking hours when at home. Both are quick action safes which I recorded myself opening in ~2 seconds. My guns are loaded stored away. I have no kids, plan to in the future, but I have too many nephew and nieces coming over weekly that I am not going to risk it.

Old 07-27-2009, 10:57 PM   #112

I don't own any guns, yet. But if I had any, yes I would definately save up for a safe of some type to put them in. Especially if I had other people living with me. Because when they aren't locked up or in some kind of secure location where nobody but you can get at them, that is how people get hurt and how kids get to them. Safety should NEVER, EVER be overlooked. Better *safe* than sorry. That line would make a good advertisement for a safe manufacturer.

Last edited by hogger129; 07-28-2009 at 08:58 PM.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:12 PM   #113

Hogger, that was pretty funny. You get 1 e-cookie for that.

S.S.

Old 07-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #114

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 760

no guns here neither....but if i did have one or two...they would have trigger locks,lockable gun sock,locked inside a small safe/locker...then stored in a bank vault type safe w/5/16 logging chain wraped around it...just incase a badguy was to break into my home and get ahold of them and use them on me & wife or commit some kind of gun crimecome to think of it...i have no kids & a great ADT security system,so thats why there is atleast one or two in everyroom of the house...fully loaded and ready to rock!

Old 07-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #115

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The only gun safe I have is it beside me with the thumb safety on.
The best safety is for your children/grandchildren to be taught weapon safety from the getgo, why do you think there was not that many accidents when we were growing up, That is because the homes that had weapons, everyone was taught and practiced safety.

Layton

Old 07-28-2009, 12:11 AM   #116

I don't have one at the time, but my collection is growing. I am looking into getting one.

If you can't make them see the light, make the feel the heat: Ronald Reagan

Old 07-28-2009, 07:42 PM   #117

I do now. Had a simple "stackon" gun cabinet until one day I started thinking about the cost of my shotguns all housed in a $99. cabinet for "security"

Home invasions are on the rise and if I got broken into, that cabinet was a crackerbox for security. Guns are now secured and I rest a bit easier not worrying...............................markerdown

USAF, Retired .. "From My Cold Dead Hands!"

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Old 07-29-2009, 02:20 AM   #118

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

First off all my guns if I had any would stay in a fireproof safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by layton View Post
The only gun safe I have is it beside me with the thumb safety on.
The best safety is for your children/grandchildren to be taught weapon safety from the getgo, why do you think there was not that many accidents when we were growing up, That is because the homes that had weapons, everyone was taught and practiced safety.

Layton
I kinda agree about training the young ones but there will always be that one that's just a little curious or has a friend over and wants to show off and accidents happen. There is no substitute for lock and key

Old 07-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #119

Liked 62 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I live in the boonies with five dogs in the yard. Nothing on our whole road but family. I never worried about a safe. A gun in a safe is worthless when you need it. Then my son in law of a couple of months gets ticked and splits. He left my daughter behind but took 15 of my pistols with him. Get a safe if you want to keep them. Just leave one out when you're home, just in case.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:35 AM   #120

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 760

damn Hawg,i hope you have the numbers to all those pistols?...i'd be super mad and looking for that a**hole...check the pawnshops around your area,you might get lucky.if no luck there...karma will catch up to him