Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Damn Smith and Wesson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default Damn Smith and Wesson

Ordered a custom fit holster for my S&W M&P 40 from Smith and Wesson Feb. 19th. Few calls to customer service. Still haven't got it. DONT ORDER FROM SMITH AND WESSON. I also posted a horror story about some mags I ordered from their website. Superb firearms, terrible service.

So, anyone know who else sells a custom fit holster for a S&W M&P 40?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-14-2008, 05:31 PM   #2

If you're not to far from Springfield it might be worth paying them a visit.Maybe you can pick it up while you're there.I haven't dealt with the new owners of S&W. Before the British group ruined them I always got good serviice from S&W.

***** NRA Patron Member *****

Old 05-14-2008, 08:35 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

seeing as how i ordered it online, their headquarters in springfield cant do anything to help me. online orders are handled directly from their factory.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 05-14-2008, 09:00 PM   #4

Sounds like you're caught between a rock and a hard place.
Good luck,
I hope it works out for you.

***** NRA Patron Member *****

Old 05-15-2008, 01:58 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

www.bluegrassholsters.com

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:36 PM   #6

Google Horseshoe Leather (from the UK) the best custom holsters made.....Galco must think so they have copied some of the designs.....

Old 05-23-2008, 12:29 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Smith & Wesson customer service

I had an almost brand-new M&P 40 full size blow up. The cause was a 9MM round in a brand new box of Winchester Ranger .40 S&W's. I sent an email to Winchester that night. I also sent one to Smith & Wesson, who asked me to send the gun back to the factory for examination. I sent the gun to Smith, they confirmed that there was a Winchester 9MM cartridge case stuck in the barrel. The gun fired the 9mm then failed to eject the case. The incoming .40 round jammed the 9MM case into the barrel and when I pulled the trigger - KaBoom. The light rail/bottom of the frame was completely gone (indoor range and couldn't even find a piece of the frame). I did find a 3 inch section of the barrel that blew out. Through the hole in the bottom of the frame, you could see the fired bullet, in the end of the barrel you could see the empty 9MM case. It was very clearly the fault of Winchester for putting a 9MM round in the middle of a box of .40's. I should have caught it when I loaded the gun. I really never expected a 9 in a box of 40's. Smith and Wesson, even though they knew that they were not in any way at fault, replaced the pistol for $270, basically dealer cost (and not a small dealer, at that). This, at a time when these pistols were selling for over $400.00 on sale. I, personally, consider that to be customer service above and beyond what I would have expected. I have numerous witnesses and pictures of this whole case, from beginning to end. In my communications with Winchester, all they wanted was my doctor's bills. There were no doctor bills, since the Smith was so well designed that everything blew away from the shooter. I also have a M&P 9MM that I bought after this affair, and that thing is a tack driver. I shot it back to back with a stock Glock, a SIG, and a custom Glock with a extended, ported barrel. The stock Smith shot rings around the others. I have no problem with Smith and Wesson, but I didn't buy my extra mags from the factory, so I can't comment on that.