Concealed Carry Holster
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Concealed Carry Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2012, 01:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Concealed Carry Holster

Do any of you use the super tuck or quick tuck holsters? If so, what are your assessments of them? Does the kydex hold the firearm well and does it scuff the finish of the pistol?
I have an ultra carry II in stainless and was wondering about the holster before I ordered one.
Thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #2

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Before you cash out on the Xgreed Supertuck take a look at Tommy Theis' offerings. These holsters are far better in the fit and finish department.

Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters

His prices are better and include shipping.

No matter what holster you get, be sure to order it with the Kydex Clips. I prefer the J-Clips, they hide better. The metal clips will ruin a good carry belt.

I have both. My Xgreed Super Tuck was not securely holding my BHP (failed the up-side-down shake test) and to save $ I got it in cowhide. I need horsehide here in south Florida. The Xgreed came with the standard metal clips which was ruining my carry belt. (belt cost more than holster!) My Xgreed cost me $69.75 + $8.95 shipping = $78.70

I started to look for an alternitive. Goju suggested Tommy Theis holsters and the rest, as they say, is history.

The Theis holster I ordered is horsehide with Kydex jclips and was $65 including shipping! It is belt friendly, just as comfortable as the Xgreed and passes the up-side-down shake test!

A Supertuck in horsehide and Kydex jclips is $94.75 + $8.95 shipping = $103.70

IMHO, it was a no-brainer.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 03-13-2012, 02:22 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I've got the Crossbread Supertuck and I also
Carry a Kimber Ultra Carry, I love the holster it's one of the most comfortable ones I've tried. It hasn't hurt my pistol any and the retention was good right out of the box. The holster cost me 68.97 at a local gun shop. They come with a lifetime guarantee and you can even send them back to have retention adjusted if your not comfortable doing it yourself.

"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
Speech to National Press club
September, 1997

Old 03-13-2012, 02:34 AM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm not familiar with Tommy's holsters, but some of the Crossbreed copies are a lesser quality of leather that are not as comfortable for some reason. I carry a G-19 in a CB and am very happy with it.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:38 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I'm not sure which route ill go just yet, trying to make an informed purchase. I'm considering the Quik Clip style xbreed has but the $25 savings is very tempting! Plus from what I've read... his turnaround is only a few days versus 4-6 weeks.
I'm not sure that I want the horse hide either as I'm wondering if it'll be too stiff. I have a bad hip on my carry side and need the besy comfort possible just because I don't want it to bug me all the time.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:42 AM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Not to mention I've been telling Tommy my concerns and he is spot on with customer service wanting to take care of me! That... is what a lot of companies lack. He is making it hard for me to go with a xbreed!

Old 03-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

No looking back now, going to give Tommy a try. Hopefully it won't be too long before I receive it :-)

Old 03-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

How's the Tommy holster working for ya?

"... I simply cannot stand by and watch a right guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States come under attack from those who either can't understand it, don't like the sound of it, or find themselves too philosophically squeamish to see why it remains the first among equals: Because it is the right we turn to when all else fails. That's why the Second Amendment is America's first freedom. ..."
Charlton Heston
Speech to National Press club
September, 1997

Old 03-26-2012, 05:58 AM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Haven't got it just yet but I was told today he was getting ready to get it together soon.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #10

Yes I've had a cross breed for about 3 years now I wear it almost everyday not the first problem with it. And not to mention my fobus belt holster has done more damage to the finish on my xd40 then the cross breed has but I do agree the metal clips are heck on a good belt