Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Concealed Carry Holster (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/concealed-carry-holster-60112/)

KY1911 03-13-2012 12:46 AM

Concealed Carry Holster

Do any of you use the super tuck or quick tuck holsters? If so, what are your assessments of them? Does the kydex hold the firearm well and does it scuff the finish of the pistol?
I have an ultra carry II in stainless and was wondering about the holster before I ordered one.
Thanks!

canebrake 03-13-2012 12:59 AM

Before you cash out on the Xgreed Supertuck take a look at Tommy Theis' offerings. These holsters are far better in the fit and finish department.

Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters

His prices are better and include shipping.

No matter what holster you get, be sure to order it with the Kydex Clips. I prefer the J-Clips, they hide better. The metal clips will ruin a good carry belt.

I have both. My Xgreed Super Tuck was not securely holding my BHP (failed the up-side-down shake test) and to save $ I got it in cowhide. I need horsehide here in south Florida. The Xgreed came with the standard metal clips which was ruining my carry belt. (belt cost more than holster!) My Xgreed cost me $69.75 + $8.95 shipping = $78.70

I started to look for an alternitive. Goju suggested Tommy Theis holsters and the rest, as they say, is history.

The Theis holster I ordered is horsehide with Kydex jclips and was $65 including shipping! It is belt friendly, just as comfortable as the Xgreed and passes the up-side-down shake test!

A Supertuck in horsehide and Kydex jclips is $94.75 + $8.95 shipping = $103.70

IMHO, it was a no-brainer. ;)

kem1139 03-13-2012 01:22 AM

I've got the Crossbread Supertuck and I also
Carry a Kimber Ultra Carry, I love the holster it's one of the most comfortable ones I've tried. It hasn't hurt my pistol any and the retention was good right out of the box. The holster cost me 68.97 at a local gun shop. They come with a lifetime guarantee and you can even send them back to have retention adjusted if your not comfortable doing it yourself.

TimKS 03-13-2012 01:34 AM

I'm not familiar with Tommy's holsters, but some of the Crossbreed copies are a lesser quality of leather that are not as comfortable for some reason. I carry a G-19 in a CB and am very happy with it.

KY1911 03-13-2012 03:38 AM

I'm not sure which route ill go just yet, trying to make an informed purchase. I'm considering the Quik Clip style xbreed has but the $25 savings is very tempting! Plus from what I've read... his turnaround is only a few days versus 4-6 weeks.
I'm not sure that I want the horse hide either as I'm wondering if it'll be too stiff. I have a bad hip on my carry side and need the besy comfort possible just because I don't want it to bug me all the time.

KY1911 03-13-2012 03:42 AM

Not to mention I've been telling Tommy my concerns and he is spot on with customer service wanting to take care of me! That... is what a lot of companies lack. He is making it hard for me to go with a xbreed!

KY1911 03-13-2012 05:06 AM

No looking back now, going to give Tommy a try. Hopefully it won't be too long before I receive it :-)

kem1139 03-25-2012 09:32 PM

How's the Tommy holster working for ya?

KY1911 03-26-2012 04:58 AM

Haven't got it just yet but I was told today he was getting ready to get it together soon.

snafusniper 04-03-2012 11:29 PM

Yes I've had a cross breed for about 3 years now I wear it almost everyday not the first problem with it. And not to mention my fobus belt holster has done more damage to the finish on my xd40 then the cross breed has but I do agree the metal clips are heck on a good belt