Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra, highly recommended.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2013, 12:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra, highly recommended.

I've been running a Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra for my S&W Shield for a couple months now, and wanted to let everyone know what an excellent piece of kit this holster is. As IWB holster, it is a leather/kydex combo in the spirit of the Comp-Tac MTAC and the Crossbreed. The leather back is not as wide, and the holster secures with a belt clip attached to the kydex holster. It is very easy to secure and remove, and is designed for people that frequently move through non-permissive environments. I carry this holster paired with an Ares Gear Ranger belt, and it is so comfortable that I barely remembered I was wearing it during a recent six-hour wait stint in a hospital waiting room. Highly recommended.

While I normally run this holster strongside, I have experimented with appendix carry. It is very comfortable up front, but the cant on the holster makes for a slightly awkward draw from appendix. If I really wanted to run this rig in appendix, I would have Comp-Tac custom make it with zero cant, and probably trim the bottom edge of the leather.

Also, there was an issue with the original order (my wife selected the wrong weapon), and Comp-Tac customer service was EXCELLENT to deal with.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill

Jpyle Likes This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-22-2013, 11:58 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I just bought a custom one for $45 if I have any issues ill definitely check this one out. Thanks!

Old 04-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #3

Very Interesting and informative post thanks for sharing with us.