Comfort Holsters
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Comfort Holsters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 01:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 74 Times on 51 Posts

Default Comfort Holsters

Anybody ever tried these holsters? They advertise a comfortable and easier to conceal package. Plus ever since I got a memory foam bed anything that advertises cooling gel catches my eye.

Www.comfortholsters.com

I just want to see if anybody has used one or read an impartial review.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-29-2014, 09:33 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Have never seen these before. A bit pricey for kydex at $125 but it certainly is a unique design...although I don't really see how their configuration pulls the pistol grip in closer than a good leather & kydex IWB holster does. Was recently looking for a holster for each of my larger caliber carry size pistols but I see they don't make one for either of them even though they're common model pistols. Given the full molded kydex shell, having something against the skin is excellent but will the gel and whatever covers it hold up under constant wear? yes, it's 'warranted' but only as long as they stay in business. I, personally, don't buy from any online company that doesn't include its brick and mortar address and phone number on it's website.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:42 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1592 Times on 1089 Posts
Likes Given: 555

Holsters are usually comforting not comfortable. You have your basic holster designs that shield your body from getting poked for under $75. I don't see how these people can reinvent the wheel.

These holsters are about as comfortable as a holster can get for a much better price. https://www.n82tactical.com/

In the end, it is a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to get a pistol you can carry in your pocket. You should have no problem carrying a G19 or a S&W model 10 in your pocket. I have carried both at one time or another in my pocket for years.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Last edited by John_Deer; 07-29-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Old 07-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 772 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 225

I carry a 4" 629 OWB, shirt out. Many holsters available in kydex or leather. Some high ride and pancake styles may suit you. IWB IS NOT THE ONLY WAY.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 07-29-2014, 09:56 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 260 Times on 147 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Looks like it adds a lot of thickness to the holster itself, defeating the purpose of CCW. No way I'm spending $125 on a holster that puts more thickness into the equation and is basically a leather and kydex holster to begin with.

Wonder if that "gel" freezes?

Old 07-30-2014, 04:57 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Here is decent article to help you select holsters that are comfortable and affordable.
http://www.handgunsmag.com/concealed-carry/comfy-carry-solutions-common-carry-problems/

Old 07-30-2014, 07:26 AM   #7

Liked 4787 Times on 2315 Posts
Likes Given: 1478

No holster that attaches to your belt will ever be comfortable.

Some are less comfortable than others but I've tried em all... and for 1 reason or another, found them all lacking.

The $15 elastic belly band worn low around the hips allows you more flexibility of position, does not drag your pants down, is thinner than ANY holster...

...and will not leave you wondering "where" to put your gun when nature calls and your forced to conduct a class 2 download in a public RR.

Tack

Old 07-30-2014, 10:37 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Not to mention a good fitting belly band will allow you to carry a real full sized pistol with a 5" barrel. A friend carries a full sized GI model 1911 in a belly band. I use a belly band to carry my XD tactical.

People complain about belly bands flipping and twisting. They are using a belly band that is to large if they are having issues with a belly band getting twisted.

Old 08-01-2014, 06:30 AM   #9

Liked 54 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've got one rig for Colt Trooper that i hunted with. The thing I found with the belt it sits on my left hip, gun on right applies pressure, from it's weight to the left hip and it hurts after a bit and limits walking until I take it off. I have a shoulder holster but sweat , in the area is not a gun's favorite environment. Perhaps the gel type kydex n a shoulder hoster or a rig with a suspender on shoulder on opposing side, which I've never heard of, would be better. Most of the Fedows I know like the mid back with reseve pistol and pancake on hip but I haven't tried a pancake as I don't often carry except to hunt.