Christmas gift "bug out bag" help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Christmas gift "bug out bag" help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 250

Default Christmas gift "bug out bag" help

Alright, so Dad's wanting a "bug out bag" (even though he has nowhere to bug out to, and more family members, etc etc I'm not even gonna go there) and his friend has one that is probably 500$ with a place to hold his AR on the side of it. He thinks this is the coolest thing on earth. He won't buy a regular molle bag and put a shotgun scabbord on it, it has to hold an AR. I want to get him one for Christmas, but can't afford 500 bucks. I'm looking at something around 75$. Maybe a tad more. Anyone know of something that would help? I'm honestly less concerned with quality as it will literally sit in his closet like his AR with no rear site he's bought for "doomsday". I want him to be happy, even if it makes zero sense to me. Anyone ever tried mollying something on the side that would hold an AR? Or know of a pack? Thanks

PSA 16" Mid upper
Palmetto State Defense Lower
Aimpoint Comp M2
Springfield XD 9 Sub
Winchester semi 12ga
Remington 870
Mosin Nagant 91/30
RIA 2011 VZ Grips 1911 .45 acp

My deviled egg farts

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Got this one in black. Solid backpack and holds a lot of gear and weight. Quality is good also... Good reviews on it including myself

http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-operator-backpack.html

Old 11-21-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2163 Times on 1486 Posts
Likes Given: 805

A bug out bag can be a life saver even though there is no emergency. Traffic accidents have caused people here in the US to be stuck in there cars for extended periods of time.

I don't understand why he wants to put the AR in a bag. He can use a sling to carry a rifle.

I would talk to your dad and find out why he is preparing. If he is just keeping up with the Jones I would just give him a gift certificate.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Last edited by John_Deer; 11-21-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Old 12-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #4

Liked 48 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 250

Pretty much. The only problem is he knows nothing about it, except what he wants, but is relying on me to get him what he needs. I know, I know. I'm in a bad situation here. He knows what he "needs", yet wants my knowledge to get it. Well me knowledge says the same thing you said. A sling works fine. He's dead set on carrying it on the pack though. I actually got him a Marine camo surplus ILBE pack. Pretty freaking awesome bag guys. I'd highly recommend it. And for the price, you can't beat it. It's designed by Arc'Teryx if that tells you anything.

PSA 16" Mid upper
Palmetto State Defense Lower
Aimpoint Comp M2
Springfield XD 9 Sub
Winchester semi 12ga
Remington 870
Mosin Nagant 91/30
RIA 2011 VZ Grips 1911 .45 acp

My deviled egg farts