Choke tube question - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Choke tube question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 414 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06 View Post
Ok I gotcha if u get back into it try some hornady sst slugs or lightfields they both are good shooting slugs just expensive.....I live in Ohio so shotgun or muzzleloader is all that is legal to deer hunt with here so I have tried about every slug/choke combo lol
well i started out with slugs because the wildlife area thats all you could use and it was only a 20 minuter drive from my house but they changed all the rules there so i dont go there anymore i just take a hour drive and go up the hill where i can use one of my rifles.the area im talking about is the oroville wildlife area if you watch the show wild justice on the natgeo channel there always writting tickets for people being there after dark.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #12

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I was wondering the same thing, I'm still patterning my shotgun with buckshots through a modified choke and the next step is shooting some slugs through it.

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 05-01-2012, 07:54 PM   #13

Liked 107 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndAmendmentFreedom
I was wondering the same thing, I'm still patterning my shotgun with buckshots through a modified choke and the next step is shooting some slugs through it.
Like I said just shooting regular rifled slugs I have the best luck with a modified but u just have to do some testing

Old 05-01-2012, 08:02 PM   #14

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by akers06

Like I said just shooting regular rifled slugs I have the best luck with a modified but u just have to do some testing
Ok thanks. I was just making sure it was not to tight.