Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Choke tube question (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/choke-tube-question-63646/)

lbwar15 05-01-2012 05:13 PM

Choke tube question
 
I have a Remington mod choke tube in my 870. I was wondering if it would be ok to use slugs in it. Pacifically the pdx1 round.

rifleman1 05-01-2012 05:19 PM

you should be fine unless the slug is rifled then you need a specific choke the tighter the choke the worse off it will be.

lbwar15 05-01-2012 05:23 PM

What size should I use. The slid is riffled.

akers06 05-01-2012 05:28 PM

You can shoot any slug you want to out of a modified choke a rifled slug will shoot the best if you wanna shoot a sabot slug you need a rifled barrel or choke tube

rifleman1 05-01-2012 05:29 PM

cylinder or improved cylinder or you could get a rifled choke tube

akers06 05-01-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rifleman1
cylinder or improved cylinder or you could get a rifled choke tube

A modified will work fine also....I use a modified myself that what I get the best group with

rifleman1 05-01-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akers06 (Post 787387)
A modified will work fine also....I use a modified myself that what I get the best group with

yes you are right,i prefere a rifled choke tube with rifled slugs just personal prefrence in this case.:)

akers06 05-01-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rifleman1

yes you are right,i prefere a rifled choke tube with rifled slugs just personal prefrence in this case.:)

How does using a rifled choke tube help you shoot better when shooting rifled slugs.....have u tried sabot slugs

rifleman1 05-01-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akers06 (Post 787392)
How does using a rifled choke tube help you shoot better when shooting rifled slugs.....have u tried sabot slugs

i have not tryed them, i actually very raely shoot slugs anymore the one place i used to use them is now virtually impossible to hunt they closed the hours to sundown to sunup so all hunting has to be done during the day so i am just talking from my past experince.also i dont beleive it to make it better i prefere personal prefrence nothing more.

akers06 05-01-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rifleman1

i have not tryed them, i actually very raely shoot slugs anymore the one place i used to use them is now virtually impossible to hunt they closed the hours to sundown to sunup so all hunting has to be done during the day so i am just talking from my past experince.also i dont beleive it to make it better i prefere personal prefrence nothing more.

Ok I gotcha if u get back into it try some hornady sst slugs or lightfields they both are good shooting slugs just expensive.....I live in Ohio so shotgun or muzzleloader is all that is legal to deer hunt with here so I have tried about every slug/choke combo lol


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:10 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.