can anyone recomend customizable cases?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > can anyone recomend customizable cases?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2010, 11:43 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default can anyone recomend customizable cases?

I am looking for a multiple gun travel cases. Something customizable where I can either tell the company what I want, or rip/cut the foam out of what they offer in the case. I would like something that could securely hold 2-4 long guns, and/or a more tactical case that would hold my Sig556 and Sig226. I looked at Pelican cases and it seemed like they are close but no cigar. Can anyone sugest something or help point me in the right direction.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

What are you looking for? Exactly?

I have about 10 Pelican cases in various sizes and I have yet to find a better case. It's water tight, it has an air purge for when you fly, the foam is pick & pluck so you can tailor it to any firearm shape ( or camera shape or antique shape for shipping ).

You might want to take a look at Hardigg cases. They have several types of cases and they sell to the military.

cases2go.com has a wide selection of cases and I would recommend them to anyone shopping.

Perhaps some more information might help trim the selection possibilities.

JD

Old 01-04-2010, 01:14 AM   #3

Likes Given: 2

Other than the case for my Sigs, I am looking for a case that will hold 2-4 long guns of different lengths and styles, and keep them seperate from each other, so there is no way that there will be any chance of metal on metal contact. I have seen smaller cases for different apllications where you could rip out the foam to a custom size and shape, but they were all too small for firearms. The longer Pelican cases look like they are close to what I want, but they don't seem wide enough, only 16in wide. If nothing else I would like to be able to fit 2 scoped long guns in there and again not have to worry about them ever touching. Anywho, if I am just being too picky I guess I will find out soon enough.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:28 AM   #4

I recently got a foam insert for an ammo can that allows me to store my XD in the can without getting "dingged" up. they were only selling at gun shows but I just checked their website and they're now selling on ebay. it has been the best $10 I have spent, better option than the $60 I was about to spend on a pelican case . here's the link to their site

Old 04-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Cases

I like the latches on the Pelican cases better but, I use the Starlight cases for my rifles. I have two scoped AR's in one, there's a thin layer of foam between the two rifles...no contact.

Unbiased Barnard, BAT, Kelbly, Nesika Bay x2, Remington x3, Browning, Marsh, Ruger x2, Savage x3, UltraLight Arms, AR15 x3 owner. I like 'em all.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:38 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

We tested Starlight cases and have continued to have great luck with them.

ArmsVault