Bulletproof Vests - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Bulletproof Vests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 01:06 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopkick View Post
Look man, just go to youtube and watch the ballistics test that was conducted at the Range Pistol Club in Fresno, Ca.
Dragonskin is the best product by far. Anything Level 4 or higher requires a background check in order to purchase. Never heard of that being a requirement for anyone elses product.
I used to work at the Range Pistol Club and I can tell you that everyone involved in the testing have impeccable reputations. They also carry a full Dragonskin product line (google the range pistol club).
I have no idea who Dr. Frank is but if he spoke out against this outstanding product, he is, in my opinion in some liberal politicians back pocket.
Sorry gorknoids!
Amen brother.

There is a reason that BlackWater bought 10,000 units at the start of their contract and another 10,000 units once they secured in country protection for traveling dignitaries. It wasn't a coincidence.....

JD

Old 02-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #22

Default Here you can find some to...

I have tried the Undercover Level IIIA here Bulletproof Jackets and it works great. I really enjoy how they custom made it based on my measurements. This made it fit perfect.

I dont think i would purchase something like this off of ebay. Who really knows the condition? Thats something that I want to make sure is intact.

I got armor plates with mine as well and yes they are heavy but make you feel really safe. There are a lot of new products out there as well and i am keeping my eye out for them.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:29 AM   #23

Default second chance body armor in action

Hi Guys, I just found this forum and thought I'd contribute a bit. It's legal for any civilian to buy a bulletproof jacket unless you are a convicted felon. Some states are trying to pass laws to only allow military and law enforcement to purchase body armor.

To follow up on the discussion about bulletproof jackets and to actually see a person get shot at point blank with a .308 and a 44 Magnum, wearing second chance body armor, I dug up a link to this video. You'll notice the guy is standing on one foot and doesn't even make a flinch when he gets shot. So the myth of getting thrown down from a gun shot, is a myth.
shot point blank

-Sampson
Good Source for bulletproof jackets

Old 02-22-2009, 02:31 AM   #24
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 699 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Aren't they working on vests made from spider webs? Thought I read about that awhile back.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:07 AM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Aren't they working on vests made from spider webs? Thought I read about that awhile back.
yes they are, cant remember who is using the technology but you can bet it would be mighty pricey. now as for a price for a vest, i wouldnt buy a cheap one thats for sure. id say i price i would be comfy with is atleast 600 smackeroos

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you