Bulletproof Vests - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Bulletproof Vests

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 11:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

my brother just bought a nice II-A vest with trauma plate from a gun show for $500. It was new. It will stop many rounds, but is not bulletproof. It does provide extra protection, though.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:11 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
You can now get a III-A vest with pockets for IV ceramic trauma plates. The combination of the two will protect you against all small arms rounds, including AP. The IV plate will protect against a 6 round burst of 7.62 NATO with no piercing of the trauma plate. It will also stop 1 shot from a large, high powered sniper rifle like the .300 Win Mag or .338 Lapua Mag.
I wouldn't want to be shot at with a .338 Lapua with a car in front of me. Getting shot with one with a vest/ plate would be like getting punched by God.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:10 AM   #13
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I saw a Kevlar face mask on Ebay for $600.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:41 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Did you ever buy that bad boy? Was that thread here or over at JF?

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:50 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
It may keep you from dying, but your face will come out of the gun fight looking like a jigsaw puzzle...

Old 10-31-2008, 01:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckA View Post
I wouldn't want to be shot at with a .338 Lapua with a car in front of me. Getting shot with one with a vest/ plate would be like getting punched by God.
Yeah, no one ever talks about blunt trauma. It's like being hit by a car. It can still kill you.

But no one ever talks about that..........

Old 12-03-2008, 01:56 AM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

http://www.eeel.nist.gov/oles/Publications/NIJ-0108.01.pdf

I happen to know Dr. Frank, and he says that Dragonskin is bull****. The only reason it was ever qualified to begin with was a pay-off which got the standard written down.
It is a severely inferior product.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:52 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8836 Times on 3824 Posts
Likes Given: 1366

if anone thinks ANYTHING IS "Bullet PROOF"- I humbly invite you to the National Training Center- Ft Irwin CA- over to the MI Abrams Main Gun Range- and see just what a DU round goes thru (hills, small mountains, etc) There are many things that are bullet RESISTANT- but NOTHING_ Including a SAFE is bullet proof- if you have a bullet that is hard and fast enough.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:56 AM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post

I happen to know Dr. Frank, and he says that Dragonskin is bull****. The only reason it was ever qualified to begin with was a pay-off which got the standard written down.
Look man, just go to youtube and watch the ballistics test that was conducted at the Range Pistol Club in Fresno, Ca.
Dragonskin is the best product by far. Anything Level 4 or higher requires a background check in order to purchase. Never heard of that being a requirement for anyone elses product.
I used to work at the Range Pistol Club and I can tell you that everyone involved in the testing have impeccable reputations. They also carry a full Dragonskin product line (google the range pistol club).
I have no idea who Dr. Frank is but if he spoke out against this outstanding product, he is, in my opinion in some liberal politicians back pocket.
Sorry gorknoids!

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 12-04-2008, 01:03 AM   #20

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post

And I would LOVE to watch alongside Dr. Frank as INDEPENDANT TESTERS put that inferior plate ceramic crap made by Interceptor in a head to head test with the Dragonskin, without the closed door, secret handshake, payoff under the table horsesh!t that went on in those trials.

Frankly, anyone that has followed the trials from the beginning would be inclined to agree that anyone involved with the "testing" sold out both their "integrity" and their "reputation". Otherwise, they wouldn't have made all the trials closed door, wouldn't have stopped the first trials halfway through and wouldn't have came up with "additional" requirements for future tests that included a length of time within an oil drum that was suspisciously close to the time that the Dragonskin platform was available.

Make it an even testing field and see which platform survives.

If you personally don't like it, that's fine, but get the facts straight before you go running it down in public.

JD