Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Bsa red dot scopes (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/bsa-red-dot-scopes-16976/)

patriotjoe 08-16-2009 01:28 AM

Bsa red dot scopes

I have on of these on my 9MM 995 Carbine and love it. Some may think it's cheep but I promise you that I would not want to be on the receiving end of this scope and firearn. At at close range anyway. When sited in right it's like a video game. Put the dot where you want it and game over.

RL357Mag 08-16-2009 12:45 PM

The same can be said about the peep sights that come with the HiPoint. My 4095 makes 2" groups at 50 yds with the peeps...which are faster than any sight/scope...why put anything on a 50 yd. gun? Incidentally I alos have a BSA red dot. I bought it for the 4095 but decided to leave it off because I saw no benefit to putting it on, and if the battery dies you have a gun with no sights since the peeps must be removed to mount any other sights on that gun! To see the dot in daylight, the rheostat has to be turned up very high which causes the dot to "flare" and become much bigger. For $25 it's not a bad sight....

M1arifles 10-15-2009 02:11 AM

Are the red dots accurate in long yards? Cause my buddy says it just good for 10 yards. I dont think it can cope up up to 50yards.

patriotjoe 10-15-2009 04:24 AM

I can't speak for everyone

I was taking turtles heads off at 30 feet easy.

robocop10mm 10-15-2009 07:31 PM

I have had pretty good luck with the BSA red dots and Holo sights. I can buy two or three spares and a case of batteries for less than most other sights. Fast, accurate and very forgiving of inconsistant cheek welds.

skullcrusher 10-15-2009 07:38 PM

I like red dots on some things, and BSA makes good ones for a very fair price. I had to take the red dot off my crossbow because of the potential to shoot in lower light conditions. I noticed that there is not much light let in, so in low light, it's a no go. :mad:

robocop10mm 10-15-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 174425)
I like red dots on some things, and BSA makes good ones for a very fair price. I had to take the red dot off my crossbow because of the potential to shoot in lower light conditions. I noticed that there is not much light let in, so in low light, it's a no go. :mad:

It's a red dot, how much light needs to be let in? They were designed to be used with both eyes open, one sees the target and the other sees the dot.

MrGrumpy89 06-12-2010 05:51 AM

I had a BSA red dot. I mounted it on my 12ga. shotgun. Bad idea; after about 400 rounds of some rapid fire it started to fall apart. First the battery cap, then the inner lense. Guess they can't stand the heavy recoil, but a 9mm will probably be ok for it.

Txhillbilly 06-13-2010 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGrumpy89 (Post 298623)
I had a BSA red dot. I mounted it on my 12ga. shotgun. Bad idea; after about 400 rounds of some rapid fire it started to fall apart. First the battery cap, then the inner lense. Guess they can't stand the heavy recoil, but a 9mm will probably be ok for it.

I guess you got a bad one,I've had one on a 44 magnum revolver for many years,and have yet to break one.I load some pretty stout loads,and if it was recoil sensitive it would have shown it by now.
I also have one on a Keltec PLR-16,223 Pistol,and have shot several thousand rds out of it. Again,No failures with the BSA Red dot.

As far as range goes,I regularly shoot 100 yard targets accurately with both pistols.Ask anyone that was at the Texas Meet & Greet,they witnessed it being done.