Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Bore cleaner? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/bore-cleaner-78638/)

ragecage23 12-17-2012 02:36 AM

Bore cleaner?
 
When I clean my glock I use ballistol and the brush that glock gave me, but I can still see things on the inside of the barrel. (I think it's called fouling?) can anyone recommend what I should use to get the shiny surface on the inside of my barrel back?

I was thinking this http://www.midwayusa.com/product/459331/hoppes-viper-boresnake-bore-cleaner-pistol-44-45-caliber?cm_vc=OBv1387066

primer1 12-17-2012 12:10 PM

A boresnake is more of a quick clean for the range. Try a new brush with hoppes, or Kroil. There are a multitude of copper solvents on the market, most should work with time and elbow grease. When clean, I like to use butchs bore shine, which I think helps to prevent fouling.

PanBaccha 12-17-2012 12:36 PM

I find foulings possible no matter what solvent is used when firearm extensively used the previous day is now cleaned the day or two after. However, when cleaning the same day no such fouling appears. I guess if you wait, you pay.

ragecage23 12-17-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by primer1
A boresnake is more of a quick clean for the range. Try a new brush with hoppes, or Kroil. There are a multitude of copper solvents on the market, most should work with time and elbow grease. When clean, I like to use butchs bore shine, which I think helps to prevent fouling.

Like a metallic brush maybe?

ragecage23 12-17-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanBaccha
I find foulings possible no matter what solvent is used when firearm extensively used the previous day is now cleaned the day or two after. However, when cleaning the same day no such fouling appears. I guess if you wait, you pay.

It was about 10 hours between time of use and cleaning.

primer1 12-17-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragecage23

Like a metallic brush maybe?

Brass is best.

Overkill0084 12-17-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragecage23 (Post 1054369)
When I clean my glock I use ballistol and the brush that glock gave me, but I can still see things on the inside of the barrel. (I think it's called fouling?) can anyone recommend what I should use to get the shiny surface on the inside of my barrel back?

I was thinking this http://www.midwayusa.com/product/459331/hoppes-viper-boresnake-bore-cleaner-pistol-44-45-caliber?cm_vc=OBv1387066

A boresnake is something one does instead of actually cleaning the gun.
If you can't find an answer here, never mind:
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f35/gun-cleaning-input-48564/


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:08 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.