Blue laser sight?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Blue laser sight?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Blue laser sight?

I'd like to get a laser sight (or preferably a combination laser/flashlight) eventually from my Springfield XDM. The only issue is that my wife also uses the gun, and is red/green colorblind. The dots from red and green laser pointers don't stand out much to her, since they both fade to a sort of brown.

That's why I'm hoping that someone somewhere makes a blue laser sight. I know the blue lasers exist, I've seen them before, but a quick google search for a blue laser sight only turned up one result, and it looked pretty sketchy.

Anyone know of any companies that make these?

If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2011, 07:05 PM   #2

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Sorry I can't help. I've never seen a blue laser, but I have seen blue scope reticles.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #3

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Amazon.com: Blue Laser Gun Sight high power 20mw average exclusive: Sports & Outdoors

Old 04-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #4

Yeah, I found that one too, but it looks pretty sketchy. I was hoping for something a little more reputable.

I guess I just try to find a flashlight-style blue laser pointer and use it with Springfield's flashlight holder. I'm not sure how accurate that would be though.

If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #5

They've got some balloon poppin and paper burning ones in here as I recall, and some blue ones as well. Red, Blue, Green Laser Pointer and Torch Flashlight - Wicked Lasers

Old 04-16-2011, 05:08 PM   #6

Default blue laser search

enter" blue laser wikipedia" on your search engine. Lots of good info. sounds like expensive process with most applications are DVD players, Blue ray, medical no real mention of anything to do with sights also most are not true blue because our eyes see the wavelength as violet.