Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Blackhawk Serpa question (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/blackhawk-serpa-question-58250/)

pioneer461 02-19-2012 07:42 PM

Blackhawk Serpa question
 
I recently bought a Blackhawk Serpa holster for my Springfield XD .40. Included in the package was a giz-mo that I am unable to find a use for. If you know what this is and what it does, please let me know. :confused:

Thanks

pioneer461 02-20-2012 03:03 AM

I got my answer on another forum I subscribe to. It is basically a spacer that is used to support the top opening of the holster in shipping, etc. It's a throw away.

Thanks

Keginth28 02-25-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneer461
I recently bought a Blackhawk Serpa holster for my Springfield XD .40. Included in the package was a giz-mo that I am unable to find a use for. If you know what this is and what it does, please let me know. :confused:

Thanks

How do u like ur serpa holster!

Zodiac131911 02-27-2012 12:12 PM

I love my blackhawk holster I would not suggest it for a duty holster as of the ease to get it out of.

Keginth28 02-27-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac131911
I love my blackhawk holster I would not suggest it for a duty holster as of the ease to get it out of.

So u think it's more of a contest holster?

Zodiac131911 02-27-2012 05:19 PM

Yeah or a conceal carry holster. The reason I say it all you have to do is hit one button and it will slide out not the best holster if your fighting a individual

Keginth28 02-28-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac131911
Yeah or a conceal carry holster. The reason I say it all you have to do is hit one button and it will slide out not the best holster if your fighting a individual

I see what u mean

Zodiac131911 02-28-2012 05:24 PM

You can buy a lvl 3 holster but all it adds is a top closure

Keginth28 02-28-2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac131911
You can buy a lvl 3 holster but all it adds is a top closure

Yea seen them and I don't like them to hard to get of hostler and to put the gun bk in

MrWray 03-01-2012 06:27 PM

I had the level 3 Serpa Duty holster and i loved it. It provided more retention for my sidearm,and i could flip the hood and the index finger button in the same motion and have my firearm on target in no time flat. It had very smooth clearing and reholstering motion, and i never felt that my sidearm was vulnerable to someone trying to grab it during a physical altercation "which i was in ALOT of altercations".


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:34 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.