Bipod on Winchester model 88

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Bipod on Winchester model 88

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bipod on Winchester model 88

My grandpa just handed down his Winchester Model 88 .308 to me. I believe it's a 1955 because it has a 4-digit serial, and it's in pretty good condition, with the only problem being the action is a little catchy.

I would like to make it mine by adding a bipod to it. Most of the bipods I see attach at the swivel stud. Would that work with the Model 88?

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I've been looking for the same thing to add to my new rifle and Harris seems to be a popular choice with many models.

www.harrisbipods.com

I have seen some that clamp to the barrel but I dont like the idea of that personally, maybe someone who owns that style could chime in?

The swivel stud looks to be the better choice, no scratching or damaging to the barrel.

• Any ship can be a minesweeper ... once.
- Admiral Hornblower

• The purpose of war is not to die for your country. The purpose of war is to ensure that the other guy dies for his country.
- General Patton

• When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.
- US Marine Corps