Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Bifocal shooting glasses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Bifocal shooting glasses

I'm tired of going to the range and constantly swapping reading glasses with safety glasses

Web search reveals several brands of bifocal shooting glasses and I'm not sure what brand or style is best. They come in clear, yellow and shaded. Magnification 1.5 to 3.0 - I figure the same rating as on a pair of reading glasses you get from a drugstore...

Does anyone use bifocal glasses and can tell me what they like about their brand? or

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

I have seen prescription safety glasses for shooting and safety reading glasses made for construction site and such. I would imagine bifocals would be available from Lenscrafters but you would need a prescription and deep pockets. One option would be a pair of those glasses with half a lens that sit on your nose and allows you to look over the top for longer distance. I picked up a pair at Walmart for about ten bucks and they fit under my safety glasses. I can focus on the sights and see normally as well. Takes some getting used to but beats swapping.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-08-2011, 09:24 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

i just told the eye doctor to use shatter-proof lenses on my trifocals

the north had us outnumbered and outgunned but we had them outmanned .......................................... join the NRA

Old 07-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 472

Default Bifocal Safety Glasses

I wear these at work but also have some for personal use.

Olympic 30-06 BiFocal Safety Reading Glasses Omark Safety Equipment

Old 07-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #5

I have several pairs from different manufacturers, and they are great! I buy mine from Safety Glasses USA, and I also use them while driving. They are inexpensive (<$20), and stand up to a lot of abuse.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftyjuan View Post
I have several pairs from different manufacturers, and they are great! I buy mine from Safety Glasses USA, and I also use them while driving. They are inexpensive (<$20), and stand up to a lot of abuse.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wear these at work but also have some for personal use.

Olympic 30-06 BiFocal Safety Reading Glasses Omark Safety Equipment

Great web sites! So many to choose from. Thanks guys!

Old 07-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default seeing is believing

Got my first progressive lenses last month at the age of 45.

They are safety glasses that I wear at work and for everyday use including shooting.

It took a few weeks to get used to the progressive lenses but my shooting scores improved (AQT) with the updated prescription and I don't even notice the *bi-focals* when shooting rifle or pistol - scope or irons.

Be Well.

Old 08-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1767 Times on 988 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

I have bifocal shooting glasses, but the were made to my prescription by an optometrist. My distance cut was too long to see the sights, and my reading cut was too short to get a good picture. I opted for a clear pair with distance for driving and the same bifocal cut as my computer glasses. It worked like a dream. The only problem is that I have to look over the glasses when I log into the range.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #9

Well I got me two pair of bifocal glasses, clear and tinted - they were OK but last time I went to the range it was back to just wearing my drugstore reading glasses. Sights in focus, targets past 15 feet - not in focus. Next thing I'm going to try is really low power / magnification reading glasses, like 1.0 I'll figure it out sooner or later, thanks everyone!

Last edited by NOVA; 08-09-2011 at 10:03 PM. Reason: spelling, always the stpoopit shpelling!

Old 08-10-2011, 01:49 AM   #10

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
Well I got me two pair of bifocal glasses, clear and tinted - they were OK but last time I went to the range it was back to just wearing my drugstore reading glasses. Sights in focus, targets past 15 feet - not in focus. Next thing I'm going to try is really low power / magnification reading glasses, like 1.0 I'll figure it out sooner or later, thanks everyone!
just my .02 but sight in focus, blurry target when you are on the trigger is where you want to be. Ordered a couple pair of the bi-focal safety glasses...thanks for the link Gator..

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Last edited by Jpyle; 08-10-2011 at 01:55 AM.