Bi pod help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Bi pod help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2011, 02:22 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Bi pod help

Just bought a new remington 700 vtr a-tacs and wanted to get a bipod for it i want to get a harris hbl bipod but was wondering if i would have any trouble mounting it with the bottom of the stock being wide and flat and with the other harris mount just behind the first one. There is 2 harris mounts on the front of the gun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-14-2011, 04:13 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungiex8e8 View Post
Just bought a new remington 700 vtr a-tacs and wanted to get a bipod for it i want to get a harris hbl bipod but was wondering if i would have any trouble mounting it with the bottom of the stock being wide and flat and with the other harris mount just behind the first one. There is 2 harris mounts on the front of the gun.
I believe those "Harris mounts" are actually sling swivel studs. Having two allows you to mount the Harris bipod to one, then have the second behind it for the front swivel of your sling. The sling is then out of the way of the bipod.

Regards,

Walt

Author, The NEW! AR-15 Complete Owner's Guide,
The M1911 Complete Owner's and Assembly Guides,
The M14
and M1 Garand Complete Assembly Guides
Certified Glock Armorer

Old 11-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #3

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjkuleck

I believe those "Harris mounts" are actually sling swivel studs. Having two allows you to mount the Harris bipod to one, then have the second behind it for the front swivel of your sling. The sling is then out of the way of the bipod.

Regards,

Walt
Correct explanation walt

Old 11-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Here's my Harris Bipod install on my 7mm Rem. Mag. The front swivel stud gets the bipod and the rear stud gets the sling. It works well.

Last edited by Snakedriver; 11-14-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Old 11-15-2011, 03:03 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yea i knew that i was just worried that the studs were to close for some bipods. I was worried that the bi pod base would hit the sling mount i didnt want to buy a $100 bipod and it not work on the gun. I figured rem would of took it into account but i just wanted to make sure. thanx

Old 11-15-2011, 01:50 PM   #6

No Pics, but I have an SPS tactical with the wide overmolded Hogue stock and use it at the range with a Harris bipod. No trouble at all, works well....

Zivadog