Best Multi-Pistol Range Bag?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Best Multi-Pistol Range Bag?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Best Multi-Pistol Range Bag?

First, let me say that I just joined this forum over 1 week ago and am a new handgun owner (first time ever). I purchased a Glock 26 and just purchased a SW M&P 22 today solely based on the posting I did asking for opinions yesterday on a 22. Needless to say, I find this forum VERY helpful and I am making purchases based on the advice given here. I am so glad to have this Forum! So I have another favor to ask…

Now that I have a G26 and a SW M&P 22 I need a range bag that can hold all my gear.. I like the army green/khaki colors like the one below… what say my Forum advisors?

http://shop.vtarmynavy.com/coyote-range-bag-p12859.aspx

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

This is one of the better ones ive found. Its damn hard to beat at 50$. I simply love it. Tons of storage, two pistol rugs, stage bag, and a brass caddy. Lots of external storage pockets and roomy as hell. I can fit a chronograp, two pistols ammo hearing ptotection targets some tools and still have tons of room.

Http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939259680/midwayusa-competition-range-bag

Highly recomend it. Comes in several colors including coyote

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 02-18-2013 at 02:09 PM.
CHLChris Likes This 
Old 02-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #3

Liked 14 Times on 6 Posts

I second midwayusa for their range bags. I have one in od green and I get asked about it all the time

Old 02-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2826 Times on 1404 Posts
Likes Given: 292

That Coyote Range bag seems questionable to me. It looks as though if you pack multiple pistols in it there's a very good chance they could bump & rub against each other. It has a "Tacticool/Hollywood" vibe that makes me wonder as well. It's as if displaying all your stuff is more important than avoiding unnecessary wear & tear.
I have one of the MidwayUSA Competition Range bags. Great deal. Though I suspect that it might be a bit big for your needs. It really is a large bag. I use it when I'm taking 4 or 5 different guns in varying calibers. There are a number of times I get by with a much smaller (Discontinued Dillon) bag.
You might do well to consider the smaller version. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939167522/midwayusa-compact-competition-range-bag
Get the Jumbo size when you have a few more guns to tote. Even then, you will continue to find the smaller bag useful at times. $.02

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Last edited by Overkill0084; 02-18-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Old 02-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I bought a midway bag and I love it. The construction is solid and they are roomy. I bought one bigger than I needed because bigger is better. You'll learn the same lesson when you buy a gun safe.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #6

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Thank you for the advice

Old 02-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 949 Times on 622 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Sign up for amazon prime. $79 a year and free second day shipping, and free returns if you don't like something.

I have them ship me things almost daily.

For a range bag, I did not take my own advice. I went to Wal-Mart, and got a Stanley tool bag. Who would risk jail time stealing Stanley tools?

The whole world does not need to know your business as you move about, minding your own business.

The Stanley bag is built like a mac truck and has pockets inside and outside. Twelve bucks, twenty bucks, don't remember, but it was less than half price of the range bags Wal-Mart sells and does not advertise what I am doing.

Last edited by AR10; 02-18-2013 at 04:51 PM.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

OD green would be my preference.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:55 AM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Sign up for amazon prime. $79 a year and free second day shipping, and free returns if you don't like something.

I have them ship me things almost daily.

For a range bag, I did not take my own advice. I went to Wal-Mart, and got a Stanley tool bag. Who would risk jail time stealing Stanley tools?

The whole world does not need to know your business as you move about, minding your own business.

The Stanley bag is built like a mac truck and has pockets inside and outside. Twelve bucks, twenty bucks, don't remember, but it was less than half price of the range bags Wal-Mart sells and does not advertise what I am doing.
cept when you show up at the range with a stanley bag they may want you to repair the porta-a-potties... heh

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I have an old steel toolbox that holds several pistols, spare mags, hundreds of rounds, eye protection, cleaning kit, boresighter, earplugs, small tools, first aid, holsters, etc. Heavy as hell but practically bulletproof. Plus, as an added bonus, it's totally inconspicuous. Makes me look like a tradesman. A plumber, for example.