Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Bench bags?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Default Bench bags?

Plan on using my CZ 455 .22lr primarily for bench shooting and I am looking for bench bags. Since there are no good stores near me and I have to order over the net, I can't do a hands-on before buying. Any advice here about the best thing to buy or even make? Right now I am using plastic bags filled with kitty litter and then inserted in cloth bags...ok for a temporary solution, but really not very acceptable as a permanent one!
Thanks for any suggestions on brands, dimensions, fill, etc. I am a newbie to bench shooting.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1798 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Dusty,

Tennessee "Down Home" shooting bags. Go to Walmart and get you some of that cool looking heavy stock camo material. Then go to the grocery section and get some bags of rice or *small beans "which I use". Leave them in the plastic bag. "Waterproof" Get ye old sewing machine out and make material bags to insert the complete rice or bean bags in and sew them up. You can also sew loops on one end of each bag to put a ring on like a key ring. Why the loop and key ring? I have 18 inch cord with a snap on each end that I can snap on to the rings on the end of the bags. This allows me to carry the (Very Light) bags around my neck when climbing into a deer stand or when I have my hands full. I simply take the cord off when I use them. They are very light and also can be carried in a back pack with no problem. I have two sets of them and they work well on the shooting bench also!
One other recommendation! When sewing your bags sew them on the reverse side and then turn them right side out and then the seems are hidden when you insert the bags and the look good!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Last edited by Sniper03; 08-14-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Sam's Club.....two 20lb bags of Basmatti rice in burlap bags. If you get stuck at the range, you won't go hungry.
Sorry......I got mine local Ozark Sportsman.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #4

Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts

You can do that with the legs from some old pants too

Old 08-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2910 Times on 1715 Posts

I think I picked my bags up at Walmart. Might wanna check the shooting section before you buy rice.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:07 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Dang it! I knew I shouldn't have given that old sewing machine away! LOL

Old 08-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1447 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1208

Bank deposit cash bags? Some are made of cloth & they have zippers.