Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   Ar15 advice (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/ar15-advice-70051/)

Natie 08-10-2012 07:18 PM

Ar15 advice

Hi all
I just got an ar15. And i want some opinions of how to to upgrade it without losing its original look. I got it just for jackal hunting.

Natie 08-10-2012 07:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the carbine. I would like to fit good optics for night and day shooting for long distances. I would also like to fit the best suppressor

okdonk 08-10-2012 07:27 PM

Please be specifics... In which way of upgrade would you like? Internal like fire control group? External like stock, handguard, scope/ red dot sight, pistol grip, vertical/ angle fore grip and etc? There are lots of upgrade.. basically it will be more tactical look. Just saying..

okdonk 08-10-2012 07:29 PM

Your flash hider is removable.. u just buy the suppressor u want and attach it.
Is your carry handle removable? I hope it is.. but u still can put scope on it with somr mounting.

dragunovsks 08-10-2012 07:37 PM

Magpul makes tons of drop-in accessories, as do lots of other manufacturers. I've chosen to go with aftermarket Magpul Dynamics stuff.

I started with a Century Arms AR15A2 in 5.56 mm with a 20" barrel. I changed the handguards from round plastic ones to a two piece quadrail setup made by NcStar.

Changed the pistol grip to a Magpul NOR pistol grip, changed out the straight trigger guard for a Magpul Enhanced trigger guard for shooting with heavy gloves. Got an NcStar holographic sight with 4 reticle options in two colors, red or green. Also got a Magpul AFG (angeled foregrip) and tactical sling.

I also chose to get a few Magpul Pmags, 30 round magazines and ranger plates.

My Pmags were the first magpul products I bought and was so impressed with them I went with other magpul products on my AR.

Everything I've done to my rifle can be removed if I want to change it later.

purehavoc 08-10-2012 07:38 PM

Is that a Colt ? Leave the flash hider you have on it, I highly suggest purchasing a nice match grade trigger , and as far as optics goes that all depends on how much you wanna spend . $100-$3000 . I would leave it in its original state of looks as you have a very beautiful rifle there . Can we get some closer pics of each side ?

dragunovsks 08-10-2012 07:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my rifle, pic didn't upload the first time. I've also got an NcStar 4x scope, fits in the groove on the carry handle.

Attachment 54066

I think my next upgrade will be a better trigger, maybe a match trigger but not sure yet

Natie 08-10-2012 07:44 PM

Thanx drag

Ok
My carry handle isn't removable but i bought a mount that can screw on. Then i can use the iron sights aswell as the optics i want to fit. Im looking into leopold right now.
The next i want to upgrade is a adjustable cheeckpeace. what do you suggest?

dog2000tj 08-10-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natie (Post 899535)
This is the carbine. I would like to fit good optics for night and day shooting for long distances. I would also like to fit the best suppressor

please do NOT modify that beautiful piece of firearms magnificence :o Maybe install a match grade triggers as suggested but I would leave it as is. If you must have a more tactical rifle might I suggest another AR15 :D

dragunovsks 08-10-2012 07:48 PM

Ive got that carry handle mount as well, its what my holographic is sitting on, its very solid and retains its zero even if you remove it from the rifle.

Not sure about a cheek piece as I've not looked into one of those. There are literally hundreds of manufacturers of AR accessories, so somebody is bound to make one.