Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > AR shell catcher

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2007, 07:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default AR shell catcher

I got my shell chacther form Midway yesterday not knowing what I would get for under $ 10 ( if you don`t count the $ 3.50 shipping), anyway it`s a net pouch with wire on the open end to fit over the edjector slot. It is for flat tops and is held on by velcroe. Didn`t think it was going to work at first, but put it on and is slicker than raw ege on a door knob. Has a zipper on the bag so you don`t have to take it off to empty the brass, and adds no weight to the gun.

Catfish
Ohio

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-02-2007, 02:11 AM   #2

Default AR shell catcher

Hey, Catfish!

I'm sure glad to see your post. I just got one of the same from Midway this week, too. I haven't taken mine out to the range yet 'cause I'm stuck indoors this weekend with broncitis. Yuck.

I realized they advertised this for an A3, but I put it on my A2. I've got a Bushmaster with A1 rear sights and a carry handle. I played around with it & it attaches around the slip ring just fine.

Any issues using this brass catcher? I sure am looking forward to not having to chase brass!

USAF Retired MSGT NRA Endowment Life Member

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." Col Jeff Cooper

Old 12-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Just make sure that the solid material stick straight out and does not hit the brass as it comes out.

Catfish
Ohio