Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (
-   -   AR shell catcher (

Catfish 11-30-2007 08:29 PM

AR shell catcher
I got my shell chacther form Midway yesterday not knowing what I would get for under $ 10 ( if you don`t count the $ 3.50 shipping), anyway it`s a net pouch with wire on the open end to fit over the edjector slot. It is for flat tops and is held on by velcroe. Didn`t think it was going to work at first, but put it on and is slicker than raw ege on a door knob. Has a zipper on the bag so you don`t have to take it off to empty the brass, and adds no weight to the gun.

Charliebonz 12-02-2007 03:11 AM

AR shell catcher
Hey, Catfish!

I'm sure glad to see your post. I just got one of the same from Midway this week, too. I haven't taken mine out to the range yet 'cause I'm stuck indoors this weekend with broncitis. Yuck.

I realized they advertised this for an A3, but I put it on my A2. I've got a Bushmaster with A1 rear sights and a carry handle. I played around with it & it attaches around the slip ring just fine.

Any issues using this brass catcher? I sure am looking forward to not having to chase brass!:D

Catfish 12-03-2007 09:50 PM

Just make sure that the solid material stick straight out and does not hit the brass as it comes out.