Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > AR handguards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Default AR handguards

Will freefloat guards inprove preformace? I here ppl say they will make weapon more accurate. Thoughts or known performace from experience.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-22-2013, 11:07 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperUSMC View Post
Will freefloat guards inprove preformace? I here ppl say they will make weapon more accurate. Thoughts or known performace from experience.
I run with a freefloat system on my ar and the difference on accuracy to me is minimal. But is noticeable. The difference between the 2 is when you grasp the handguard on a non FF is it moves causing the gun and sight picture to alter cause the handguard is held in by the front sight post and the castle nut as supposed to a FF system the guard is directly atached to the barrel and creates a solid lock up. Causing no movement. And then comes the aesthetic looks of it also. I personally run the ergo z grip on mine. This thing is slimline and easy to install. I highly recommend it

Old 09-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #3

Liked 129 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 67

They do help the accuracy. I like to shoot out to 300 meters, sometimes 400 and 500 if the terrain permits. With match bullet hand loads, and a good rest, it's scary how well the little 16" carbines shoot. The free float has the added benefit of keeping pressure from bi pod use from affecting the barrel, also sling tension. Here is a Midwest SS one piece on my AR, I've also used the JP Enterprise Modular, both are slim and smooth and you can put pieces of rail where you want them

dsc01401.jpg  

Old 09-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I see u have no front sight post. I do an dont wanna lose it. I havent shot that far since the service. I used irons for those distances. I run an aimpoint with real iron sights not flip ups so i dont loose distance. If u know of a ff that keeps the front sight, swivel, and bayonet lug thats not overpriced i would love suggestions