Anyone have a GunVault (brand)?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear >

Anyone have a GunVault (brand)?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 11:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default Anyone have a GunVault (brand)?

Mines 20 years old and has always worked. I replaced the batteries today and can't get it to re-program.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-06-2013, 02:00 PM   #2

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've got the mini- and nano- (keyed) products. They're only about a year old, and I'm sure the technology has evolved quite a bit over the last 20 years.

I'd suggest contacting GunVault's technical support team and give them a chance to direct you to a solution.

http://www.gunvault.com/contact/

Old 01-06-2013, 02:18 PM   #3
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8772 Times on 5242 Posts
Likes Given: 11644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
Mines 20 years old and has always worked. I replaced the batteries today and can't get it to re-program.
Do you still have the directions? I have a GunVault and I have kept the directions. I had to repogram mine once and I remember it being a pain in the rear. I agree with Treehugger, call the company for guidance or I could help you through PM's as I still have my owner's manual.

http://www.gunvault.com/contact/

Old 01-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #4

Liked 2155 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 1393

I just reprogramed mine. There is a button inside. Seems to me I pushed the button, typed the combo I wanted and pushed the button again. At least I think that is what I did.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Here you go......

Programming Your Access Code.

NOTE: There is a soft "beep" sound and a brief light with each key pad entry.

Find the Learn button (it's right inside the door when the safe is open).

Press and hold the Learn Button for two seconds. You should see the green light and hear the beep- the unit is now in "learn" mode.

Enter your new code. The light will remain green.

Press and hold the Learn button again for two seconds. The light will turn red and you will hear a beep. Release the Learn Button.

While the light is red, enter your new code a second time to confirm it.

Press and hold the learn button a third time for two seconds. Release the Learn button. The light will blink green five times and you willhear five beeps, confirming that the new code has been accepted. If the red light blinks 5 times with 5 beeps at this point, an error has occurred. Just start over by depressing the Learn Button for two seconds.

This is right out of the manual.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #6

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Here you go......

Programming Your Access Code.

NOTE: There is a soft "beep" sound and a brief light with each key pad entry.

Find the Learn button (it's right inside the door when the safe is open).

Press and hold the Learn Button for two seconds. You should see the green light and hear the beep- the unit is now in "learn" mode.

Enter your new code. The light will remain green.

Press and hold the Learn button again for two seconds. The light will turn red and you will hear a beep. Release the Learn Button.

While the light is red, enter your new code a second time to confirm it.

Press and hold the learn button a third time for two seconds. Release the Learn button. The light will blink green five times and you willhear five beeps, confirming that the new code has been accepted. If the red light blinks 5 times with 5 beeps at this point, an error has occurred. Just start over by depressing the Learn Button for two seconds.

This is right out of the manual.
I can't believe the OP couldn't remember that simple, straightforward process.

It's been only 20 years!

I do wonder, however, if that process will work for a unit that is that old.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49 View Post

It's been only 20 years!

My unit isn't new. I got it from the guy who introduced me to guns. I have no idea how old my Gun Vault is.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:19 AM   #8

Liked 750 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49 View Post

It's been only 20 years!

Hey!...thanks for the vote of confidence

The deal is...I have instructions...however, I researched this many years ago and even tho' my unit has instructions that mention a 'learn button'...my unit is not equipped with one. I called GV years ago about this. I believe they said mine was pre 'learn button' era. With mine, you have to hold ALL 4 keys together (same time) at the moment others would press the 'learn key'. Then follow guidelines accordingly. But, the red LED does not illuminate when it's time to program my personal sequence...that's the problem. It opens fine right now with the factory default finger sequence, I just can't program my own.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:33 AM   #9

Liked 113 Times on 84 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82

Hey!...thanks for the vote of confidence

The deal is...I have instructions...however, I researched this many years ago and even tho' my unit has instructions that mention a 'learn button'...my unit is not equipped with one. I called GV years ago about this. I believe they said mine was pre 'learn button' era. With mine, you have to hold ALL 4 keys together (same time) at the moment others would press the 'learn key'. Then follow guidelines accordingly. But, the red LED does not illuminate when it's time to program my personal sequence...that's the problem. It opens fine right now with the factory default finger sequence, I just can't program my own.
Did you securely place all the new batteries in, and in the proper direction?

Old 01-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #10

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I HAD a gun vault 6 months ago, mine was a newer model, less than a 2 years old. I replaced the batteries, had a similar problem and called tech support. First they told me that the new Dura-lock batteries by Duracell won't work in their product, so off I went to by cheaper batteries. Then I called them back with the same issue, and they told me to contact an electrician to repair it since it was out of warranty. I asked what's an electrician supposed to do with it to which they replied " an electrician will know what to do". Funny, I'm a Florida certified electrical contractor, been an electrician for 16 years. Their customer support is useless. If you google the problem you are having, their are multiple pages of people warming against the same problem, and gun vault refuses to help you out with it. Basically it's now a paper weight.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. -Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book"