Ammunition drum clip magazine holder thingy
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Ammunition drum clip magazine holder thingy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2014, 04:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 988 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 637

Default Ammunition drum clip magazine holder thingy

So, last week I was explaining to my buddy who's just getting into shooting the difference between clips and magazines. OK, so it's a [et peeve of mine when people call mags clips. However, I have noticed that several manufacturers are calling their box mags clips. What gives? If any group should know the difference, it's the manufacturers, right? Or, did they get together and change the definition? How can I justify explaining the difference to my buddy, if he goes to buy and extra mag, and it says "clip" right on it?

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-23-2014, 05:33 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8883 Times on 3846 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

Some makers have simply surrendered. And yes, have seen packages- especially for .22 magazines, marked "clip".

Was in a shop last month, using up a gift certificate. told the clerk I needed some 230 gr 45 caliber bullets. He set a box of .45 ACP ammo on the counter. I looked at it, said "That's nice. I am looking for 45 caliber BULLETS."

Sheepish look. "I'm sorry- you have no idea how many times...."

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 08-23-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

maybe some of the manufacturers and retailers just conceded rather than fighting over the definition or terminology over the components.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:44 PM   #4

They're pathetic, then. But with the bullets, I can see that. If you're a clerk, hearing all the wrong names for everything all day HAS to mess with you. Check out Gun Gripes on You Tube. They did an episode on this subject. I think it was pretty early on, maybe in the 1st 10-20 or so. Pretty funny.

I don't see what the problem is. Everybody is being nice, and getting along, and I, for one, am learning stuff. So, if you don't like the discussion, don't look at the thread. Or, simply cut to the chase, and close it.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:38 PM   #5

Liked 1847 Times on 1031 Posts
Likes Given: 1219

I try to go easy on the new guys.

But I was at a gun show and saw a table that was full of reloading stuff. I asked the guy behind the table if he makes his own bullets. He got all up on his soap box and said "No, I make my own cartridges." I looked and him and said, "I can see that you reload. But I also cast my own bullets. I am guessing that you don't."

If he thought I was a newbie he should have not tried to talk down to me. Perhaps then I would not have talked down to him.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

People Like This 
Old 08-24-2014, 11:44 AM   #6

LOL. I see your point.