Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Ammo Back Pack?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ammo Back Pack?

Over the 4th of july weekend I hiked up to a good shooting spot on some family land, the only problem is I have a .22 Rifle, 30-06, 12 GA, and a Glock .45, i have a holster for my .45 and straps on all the rifles but carrying all the ammunition plus eye & ear protection and water bottle got pretty hard.
Is there a back pack that would work to carry Ammo, eye & ear protection, & water bottle? I want something thats the perfect size (regular back packs are too big & bulky) Is there anything out there specifically for this or something that would work and not be too big?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

You can find various sises of backpacks to fit your needs just about in any sporting goods store, Walmart, or army surplus. They do have ammo bags for specifically carrying ammo, but you have suggested wanting to carrying other essentials that an ammo pack would restrict in space. Try out some online stores or try this site, I have purchased some packs from them before and they are priced reasonably and have a good selection of styles and sizes. Military, Vintage and Camo Backpacks - SoldierCity

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
You can find various sises of backpacks to fit your needs just about in any sporting goods store, Walmart, or army surplus. They do have ammo bags for specifically carrying ammo, but you have suggested wanting to carrying other essentials that an ammo pack would restrict in space. Try out some online stores or try this site, I have purchased some packs from them before and they are priced reasonably and have a good selection of styles and sizes. Military, Vintage and Camo Backpacks - SoldierCity

Jack
WOW I wasn't even thinking vintage but i have to say those bags are AWESOME!!! thank you

Old 07-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8314 Times on 3594 Posts
Likes Given: 1275

I usually dump my ammo into 2-3 old Claymore bags. Just the right size to hang a couple on a teenager (which is what I use to carry MY ammo)

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #5

I'm not sure if there are specific types of bags for it, but why not wear a nice lightweight vest? I wear a trap vest. It holds my 12ga, 20ga and 22Lr ammo nicely.

S.S.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #6

Liked 112 Times on 89 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I might try just a couple of fanny packs.And for .22 ammo,I have found that the crosman pellet pouch will hold a perfect 50 rounds and strap right to your belt.Plus the fanny packs you can get to without taking off