Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Amazing New Flash Suppresor!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 11:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Default Amazing New Flash Suppresor!

This is a awsome video that came to my attention threw SnipersHide forums. Its actually supposed to be replacing the Flash Suppersors the Military is using now, but its bogged down in red tape! Ill let the video do the explaiing, but you should deffenently take a look!

Think I might get one as soon as I can afford a AR

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-21-2009, 01:44 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Looks like an effective product. Anyone have or use one?
The original m16 flash hider was a three-pronged setup.
I seem to remember reading that they were being bent and twisted by soldiers using it to break wire on crates of ammo or rations in Vietnam. Thats why military closed the prongs into the birdcage design. Not as effective but less prone to breakage. Think it would be easier to tell troops to stop using as wire cutters.
Take this with a gr. of salt, my info might be wrong- its been awhile since I saw that.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
Looks like an effective product. Anyone have or use one?
The original m16 flash hider was a three-pronged setup.
I seem to remember reading that they were being bent and twisted by soldiers using it to break wire on crates of ammo or rations in Vietnam. Thats why military closed the prongs into the birdcage design. Not as effective but less prone to breakage. Think it would be easier to tell troops to stop using as wire cutters.
Take this with a gr. of salt, my info might be wrong- its been awhile since I saw that.
My opinion is if they decide to use it for those prposes, they are only hurting themselfs. The video says they sell for $31 a pioece and are sending them to active duty troops for free. Sounds pretty sweet to me. Id love to get one but I'd not have anything to put it on. Maybe Ill get my 10/22 threaded.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 09-23-2009, 05:06 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

hate to rain on anyone's parade, but that video is dated 7/12/2006.....

still, a pretty nifty product

Old 09-23-2009, 05:26 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Yeah have seen it in midway for couple of years, never paid much mind. Fairly new to black rifles. First video I've actually seen of its usage. I was impressed.
Anyone have real world exp with??

Old 09-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #6

I've put them on a few of my duty AR's. Work pretty much as shown, especially noticable reduction with SS109, M885 and other issue grade ammo.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 11-09-2009, 05:49 PM   #7

I have a Vortec flash hider on my M-1 Garand, my HK 71, and my AR-15 and I am well satisfied with this product as you can see since I have 3 of them
Jim

Old 11-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #8

Liked 1416 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Don't have one but they have been around a while. And are more expensive than $31.

SMITH ENTERPRISE : G6A2 Vortex Flash Hider (851-000-047) - World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools

Smith Enterprises Vortex Flash Suppressor - AR-15 SGCUSA.com

SMITH ENTERPRISE AR15 .223 VORTEX FLASH SUPPRESSOR

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-09-2009, 06:43 PM   #9

This was the price I belive the gentlemen in the video quoted, unless that was a special price he was offering to active duty members.

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun

Old 11-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #10

AS previously stated " I the hate to rain on anyone's parade, but that video is dated 7/12/2006....."

Jim