Aimpoint mount to get absolute co-witness?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Aimpoint mount to get absolute co-witness?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 06:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Default Aimpoint mount to get absolute co-witness?

Ok I have a flat top Stag, that came with there stock BUIS, I also have an Aimpoint Comp M2(m68). My question is, which mount will give me an absolute co-witness through the BUIS and the Aimpoint?

SGT U.S. Army Special Operations Command, Ft. Bragg, NC (2002-2006)
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran (2004)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-01-2008, 07:03 PM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

This one is definitely outside my realm bro - I am going to have to plead ignorance on this one. MARS is making a couple of multi unit mounts, and they have a couple that even include the ARMS levers for easy on & off, but to absolute co-witness? Man, I got nothing.....

JD

Old 08-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #3

Thanks JD, I might go with a La Rue and do the lower 1/3 co-witness if I have to.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #4

LaRue makes some great stuff, and they stand behind their products. You could definitely do a lot worse in the firearms manufacturing community.

They should be not too far from your front door - you might be able to take your weapon in there and get some free consult.

JD

Old 08-02-2008, 12:09 AM   #5

I have taled to them on the phone,but I don't think at this point I want to drive 3 hours for that. They have done a great job over the phone. Oh by the way, I found a guy off of another site for ARs, who has been selling millitary trade in Aimpoint M2s dirt cheap. So far several other people have bought them and been pleased, so I paid for mine today. $135 shipping included. I will let you know what I think when I get it in.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by truevil1313 View Post
I have taled to them on the phone,but I don't think at this point I want to drive 3 hours for that. They have done a great job over the phone. Oh by the way, I found a guy off of another site for ARs, who has been selling millitary trade in Aimpoint M2s dirt cheap. So far several other people have bought them and been pleased, so I paid for mine today. $135 shipping included. I will let you know what I think when I get it in.
Nice! Please let me know. For that price I would be willing to pick one up.

JD

Old 08-02-2008, 01:12 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Please explain absolute cowitness and what you need it for.

"'Did you ever wonder why we had to run for shelter when the promise of a brave new world unfurled beneath a clear blue sky? "
Roger Waters

Vote freedom, join the Libertarian Party.

Old 08-02-2008, 01:57 AM   #8

It is my understanding, that If I look through my rear flipup BUIS straight through the center of my Aimpoint and to the front sight post. That is absolute co-witness. A lot of people like to have a lower 1/3 co-witness, where the irons are visible only in the lower 1/3 of the optic. I am just a little anal with things like this and would like to be able to see straight through the center of the red dot, with my BUIS if the red dot ever went down for any reason. I hope I could explain myself.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:05 AM   #9

I guess never mind, most people seem to like the 1/3 co-witness much better. I guess they have been there and done that.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=388910
Here is a good link, I just learned a lot from.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:26 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Please explain absolute cowitness and what you need it for.
Basically Matt, it's the ability to look through both your analog and digital, or heads up, sight system, at the same time, & not have to adjust your spot weld on the stock, or your hold. Regardless if you are looking through straight heads up, like an EoTech, or straight analog, like the folding sights from YHM, you have the same sight picture.

Building a platform that is capable of doing it correctly is basically an exercise from scratch. Buying parts accordingly. It's kind of a pain in the ass that not many people ask for, because it's not totally accepted in the AR community....

JD