Affordable gun safes?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > Affordable gun safes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Affordable gun safes?

hello all! anyone have any ideas about anything that would work as a gun safe? I am putting all weapon purchases on hold until I have a safe..I dont want to spend more than $500. this safe will either be in the garage or in a shed(these are probably the 2 worse places but its the only place I have room for one) Thanks for ideas!! James

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-03-2009, 10:32 PM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloks4life View Post
hello all! anyone have any ideas about anything that would work as a gun safe?
I have an idea! How about a gun safe?
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 09-05-2009, 05:19 PM   #3

nvm, found lots of ideas in the thread above.found a place locally that sells used safes and steel lock boxes.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #4

I bought one at Dicks.. It was $599, marked down to $549, and because it was the display model with a couple of small scratches, got it for $499. It is a "Stack-on", 24 gun safe. Don't expect to get 24 in there though!!!

Old 09-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #5

Although I don't know the specifics of your situation, my suggestion is to get a proper fire rated gun safe. If you can't at least afford the basic model that has a fire rating, start working overtime! Seriously, I'm amazed when people have hundreds or thousands of dollars in guns, ammo, and accessories, and then buy a cheap sheet metal non-fire rated cabinet. You can get fairly compact safes that you can hide (sort of) We have a Liberty 24 safe that weighs 875# empty and stands about 5' tall. I had to put plants on it just to make it disappear
Anyhoo, whatever you can afford, make sure it's fire rated, and get a Goldenrod dehumidifier for it. Also, BOLT IT DOWN!!! And whatever the gun capacity says,
DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! You will fill it up in no time. Good Luck.

In God We Trust. (Everyone else, hands where I can see 'em)

If Obama is the answer, then the question must have been stupid.