Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Firearm Accessories & Gear (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/)
-   -   5.11 Tactical Holster Shirt (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f58/5-11-tactical-holster-shirt-36885/)

BigByrd47119 01-14-2011 09:13 AM

5.11 Tactical Holster Shirt

Does anyone have any thoughts on this particular piece of equipment? The reviews I have seen have all been positive, but they are few and far between. More realistically I am hoping that someone here either has or had one and can give an account for their usefulness, durability, and dependability.

Without having actually tried one on, it seems to fit my needs perfectly.

Gander Mountain® > 5.11 Tactical Holster Shirt - Apparel > Discreet & Tactical Apparel > Shirts :

7point62 01-14-2011 02:45 PM

Can't say about the holster shirt but all the 5.11 stuff I have is good quality.

BigByrd47119 01-14-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7point62 (Post 421978)
Can't say about the holster shirt but all the 5.11 stuff I have is good quality.

Thanks for the input. I have never known anyone to complain about 5.11's gear. However, I'm most interested in the application of this particular article of clothing.

Anyone else have any input?

cpttango30 01-15-2011 01:17 AM

I got a buddy that has like a dozen of them. He loves the 5.11 gear a lot.

He switched to the Backhawk pants though.

chopkick 01-15-2011 01:17 AM

I have two of them (black & white). I love 'em. I usually wear it as an undershirt or if I'm wearing a jacket. I carry my S&W 642 LS when I wear them. Just drop it right in under the right arm and can hardly even tell its there. Accesibility is easy and the shirts themselves are durable. Hey, it's 511 gear, afterall.

BigByrd47119 01-15-2011 03:18 AM

Thanks for the replies guys.

Now if only I could find a place that has them at a more reasonable price. I can certainly say I have never spent $50+ on a tee shirt before. My whole goal is to have one for each of the 5 days I work. Its gonna be hard to justify spending over $250 (the same price as the gun I'll carry!) for just 5 white shirts...

fixxer 01-15-2011 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 (Post 422543)
Thanks for the replies guys.

Now if only I could find a place that has them at a more reasonable price. I can certainly say I have never spent $50+ on a tee shirt before. My whole goal is to have one for each of the 5 days I work. Its gonna be hard to justify spending over $250 (the same price as the gun I'll carry!) for just 5 white shirts...

I have 1 of the Tee's and 2 of the 5.11 dress button-downs with integrated ccw pockets. I would recommend the tees for deep consealment/backup consealment but they'll be a nightmare to successfully draw fron until you have lots of proficeincy. There dress shirts are much easier but they print out for everyone to see. Quality, decent threads just not ready to replace my carry rig with them. My 5.11 luggage and backback have all been very dedendable.

BigByrd47119 01-15-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxer (Post 422648)
I have 1 of the Tee's and 2 of the 5.11 dress button-downs with integrated ccw pockets. I would recommend the tees for deep consealment/backup consealment but they'll be a nightmare to successfully draw fron until you have lots of proficeincy. There dress shirts are much easier but they print out for everyone to see. Quality, decent threads just not ready to replace my carry rig with them. My 5.11 luggage and backback have all been very dedendable.

I have been looking at their other concealment garments as well and have to say I find them all very tempting. However with my regular style of dress I could just as easily use this undershirt. The whole idea for me is that it will be used in place of my current undershirts, under my security uniform. Our uniforms are all button up except a zipper right in the middle thats about 12 inches long. All one would have to do is unzip, reach in and extract.

Ankle holsters too uncomfortable. Tuckable IWB isn't practical. Not comfortable with the idea of smart carry. Firearms too large to be reasonably pocket carried. It results in a real dilemma unless this shirt works out alright.