10/22 upgrade
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Gear & Accessories > Firearm Accessories & Gear > 10/22 upgrade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2010, 05:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default 10/22 upgrade

im interested in an aftermarket barrel ..torn between .920 ..have to get a stock also or just a threaded end factory contour .$$ is tight any info or good deals would be appreciated thanks ....your friendly p.o.w.g. pissed off white guy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-25-2010, 12:25 AM   #2

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The barrel does not thread into the recever on a 10-22, it is held in by a wedge drawn into a knoch in the barrel. Anyway, you will have to open up the grove in you presenr stock or buy a new stock. I put a .920 Butler Creek barrel on a 10-22 and a Fagen stock. The Buttler Creek barrel shoots far better than the factory barrel and the gun is now an excellant squirrel gun, but it is not a compation bench gun.

Catfish
Ohio

Old 07-25-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1241 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 590

You can use the factory stock with a .920" barrel,but you will have to sand out the barrel groove to fit the barrel and loose the use of the barrel band,or you could send your stock to this guy and have it done.Sounds like a good price to me.

FS ruger factory carbine stock bull barrel - RimfireCentral.com Forums

You can also find some good closeout deals on Boyd's stocks if you check out there site.

Limited Production Items

Old 07-26-2010, 12:56 AM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The Green Mountain barrels are the best bang for the buck that I've seen of the "cheaper" bull barrels. I've had bad luck with the Butler Creek barrels having loose chambers. Some will be loose, others are fine. If you care to step it up a notch, the Shilen barrels are great for no more than they cost.

I don't understand why you would want a threaded muzzle with a .920 barrel unless you're wanting to screw on a suppressor. Then you have more paperwork of course.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 07-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #5

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

There are literally tons of after market 10/22 parts out there. I was unhappy with my OTB 10/22, and replaced the stock & barrel with the Butler Creek combo (synthetic stock, carbon fiber barrel) I'm very pleased with it.

I was working at Leupold at the time, where I befriended one of their engineers. He performed a little machining magic on the bolt face, replaced the bolt buffer and mounted a Leupold 4X scope in their shop for "special" customers. When I got it back, it is a by-gosh tack driver with CCI mini mags. I haven't tried any other ammo since I converted it.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 09-26-2010, 05:08 AM   #6

Here is what I just did to mine,
I'd like to get the bull barrel as well, but not sure where to get them.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:31 AM   #7

Liked 735 Times on 396 Posts
Likes Given: 49

I just ordered these. The barrel wont be here until Monday so I don't have the completed pictures yet.

Ruger 10 22 Barrel, 19.5", Heavy And Fluted From Green Mountain

Fajen Gunstocks - Legacy Series Synthetic Stocks

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington