WTB Don't Tread on me Custom 1911 Grips
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > 1911 Forum > WTB Don't Tread on me Custom 1911 Grips

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 2

Default WTB Don't Tread on me Custom 1911 Grips

I am looking to find some custom Don't tread on me engraved wood 1911 Grips. I's also go for a Culpepper minutemen or Join Or Die grip too.

If anyone has a line on where to get a set PLEASE let me know,

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” -HST

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Not wood but a place to start. I would also recommend seeking out some of the custom grip makers here on FTF...

Google Image Result for http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/large/223/223172.jpg

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #3

Now for another $900 or so you can get a purpose built Gadsden SIG...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #4

Yeah, I've seen the Sig and those are the grips I like. i've seen those MidwayUSA grips before but they aren't my style, I prefer wood panels.

Who all does custom grips on here?

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile—and the rest of us are F###ed until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep."-HST

Old 07-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrGonzo11 View Post
Yeah, I've seen the Sig and those are the grips I like. i've seen those MidwayUSA grips before but they aren't my style, I prefer wood panels.

Who all does custom grips on here?
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/how-about-nice-grips-thread-10387/

Old 10-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #6

Default Here is the site i am lloking for magwell grips.

Rio Grande Custom Grips Full-Size 1911 Gun Grips

Old 10-23-2011, 03:54 AM   #7

Found, ordered and installed custom grips with my initials and all.....check 'em out!

Old 10-23-2011, 04:21 AM   #8

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Nice looking grips you got there
Where you get them?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 10-23-2011, 01:53 PM   #9

Found some guy on EBay, I liked some of his other stuff so I asked him if he could make them and he said he already had a design. They were $69.99, $10 less for walnut if you don't want the rosewood. Here is a link to the listing he put up for me, check out his other stuff too, nice product.

Personalized Walnut 1911 Don't Tread On Me Grips | eBay

Old 10-29-2011, 02:41 PM   #10

Liked 2180 Times on 1471 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Grips 1911 Government Commander Ivory Polymer Gadsden Flag Don't Tread On Me Insignia

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET