Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   1911 Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/)
-   -   Wolff Gun Springs - Poor Customer Service (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f57/wolff-gun-springs-poor-customer-service-57285/)

KMO 02-08-2012 02:19 PM

Wolff Gun Springs - Poor Customer Service

I ordered some replacement magazine springs for my 1911 directly from Wolff. They are apparently pretty busy, so I checked up on my order with a simple email inquiry. Some belligerent puke in their customer service department answered me back with a snotty email telling me not to bother them unless my order fails to arrive in another 3 weeks. This is after telling me it has shipped. Anyone else had this experience with Wolff? Iím looking for a new gun spring makerÖ

Paladin201 02-08-2012 03:10 PM

Wolff used to be really good. But of late their customer service has been lacking and they have been SLOW filling orders. My last two orders from them were a mess. Not only did they take a month to arrive, but in both cases, the springs that were in the package were not right. I ordered a replacement spring for one of my guns, and although the package had the correct spring labelled on it, the spring inside wasn't even close. It was over an inch too long and obviously heavier than the spring it was supposed to replace. I too look elsewhere for gun springs now.

HOSSFLY 02-08-2012 03:39 PM

Never saw the attraction to Wolf springs anyways-
Never experienced a difference between them & a few other "cheeper" brands -

MrWray 02-08-2012 06:01 PM

If i received an email like that, i would be sending another email stating some not no nice things. To bad that they have already shipped, i would tell them to shove the springs where the sun dont shine

gollygee 02-08-2012 06:09 PM

Asked them a question by email a couple of months ago & never got a reply. If I just absolutely have to have something they make, I'll buy it from Midway USA or anywhere but there.

MrWray 02-08-2012 06:13 PM

This is good info,just another addition to my list of "never to buy from"

bs369 02-09-2012 02:32 PM

Wolff gun springs-poor customer service

That hasn't been my experience. I've always had orders received within 5 working days and if I had a question it was usually answered with 24 hours. You might have got the one malcontent that works for the company or I've been very lucky.

BikerRN 02-10-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bs369 (Post 703722)
That hasn't been my experience. I've always had orders received within 5 working days and if I had a question it was usually answered with 24 hours. You might have got the one malcontent that works for the company or I've been very lucky.

Your expirience mirrors mine.

Dennis845 02-10-2012 02:57 AM

Yep! Happened to me recently also. After a few weeks I emailed them and was told to wait a couple more weeks. After 5 weeks they told me about the postal service problems, etc. etc. and not their fault. Finally got my order two months after ordering. Not a happy camper with them...

robocop10mm 02-10-2012 03:20 AM

Try Sprinco. Owner, Alan Dugger, is a friend of mine. Good stuff. Tell him the Hutch sent you.